|neighborhood statistical area|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||.226 sq mi (0.59 km2)|
|• Land||.226 sq mi (0.59 km2)|
|• Density||18,000/sq mi (6,900/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||21215, 21209|
|Area code||410, 443, and 667|
Greenspring is a neighborhood in the North District of Baltimore, located between the neighborhoods of Woodberry (east) and Central Park Heights (west). Its boundaries are marked by West Cold Spring Lane (north), Greenspring Avenue (east), and Springhill Avenue (south). The western edge of the neighborhood runs along Pimlico Road from West Cold Spring Lane to Park Heights Avenue, then along Park Heights Avenue to Springhill Avenue.
Greenspring's population is predominantly (97.5%) black. Median household income for the neighborhood was estimated at $26,828 for 2009, which was significantly less than the city median of $38,772.
- Route 1 (MTA Maryland) provides bus service between Sinai Hospital (north) and Downtown Baltimore (south) along Greenspring Avenue.
- Route 33 (MTA Maryland) runs from the Rogers Avenue Metro Station (west) to Moravia (east) along West Cold Spring Lane.
- Route 54 (MTA Maryland) operates along Park Heights Avenue from the Penn-North Metro Station (east) and Randallstown (west).
- "Greenspring". Discover Your Neighborhood. Live in Baltimore. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "Greenspring neighborhood in Baltimore, Maryland". City-Data.com. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- See List of Baltimore neighborhoods
- "Local Bus 1" (PDF). MTA Maryland. July 3, 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "Local Bus 33" (PDF). MTA Maryland. August 10, 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "Local Bus 54" (PDF). MTA Maryland. August 29, 2010. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
North District Maps, Baltimore City Neighborhoods Portal