|Look up greenstone in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Greenstone is a name given to several different types of minerals and rocks.
- Pounamu, a form of green nephrite jade found in the South Island of New Zealand
- Chlorastrolite, found in the Keewenaw Peninsula of Michigan and Isle Royale in the US
- Elvan, a quartz-porphyry found in Cornwall, UK
- Greensand, glauconite bearing sandstone and a geologic formation in the UK
- Greenschist, metamorphosed mafic volcanic rock and a metamorphic facies
- Greenstone (archaeology), a type of stone used by early cultures, particularly in Mesoamerica
- Greenstone belt, Archean and Proterozoic volcanic–sedimentary rock sequences
Greenstone may also be:
- Greenstone, Ontario, a municipality in Canada
- Greenstone (software), an open source digital library software package
- The Greenstone Building, a Canadian federal government office building in Yellowknife
- Greenstone River, river in the Otago/Southland region, New Zealand
- Greenstone, LLC, the generics division of Pfizer
- Marion Greenstone (1925–2005), American artist
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Greenstone.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.