Greenville Triumph SC
|Full name||Greenville Triumph Soccer Club|
|Founded||March 13, 2018|
|Stadium||Legacy Early College Field|
Greenville, South Carolina
William M. Webster
|League||USL League One|
The formation of USL D3 was first announced in April 2017, and league officials began touring the country looking for candidate cities for new soccer clubs. USL D3 vice president Steven Short visited Greenville in July 2017, and told local reporters at the time that Greenville was one of the league's top candidates. In January 2018, the league began announcing teams that would play in their 2019 inaugural season. The formation of a USL D3 club in Greenville was officially announced on March 13, 2018, with local entrepreneur Joe Erwin named as the principal owner. The Greenville team was the third team to join the league after Tormenta FC and FC Tucson, two clubs which already existed and played in the Premier Development League. The team qualified for the playoffs in their first year of existence.
The team's name, Greenville Triumph SC, as well as its logo and colors were announced on August 9, 2018. On August 27, the team announced that the team would be coached by former U.S. national team player John Harkes, who had previously served as head coach of USL club FC Cincinnati for the 2016 season. Harkes was signed on a three-year contract.
|Season||Kit manufacturer||Shirt sponsor|
Players and staff
As of January 10, 2019.
|Majority owner and chairman||Joe Erwin|
|Vice chairman||Doug Erwin|
|Head coach||John Harkes|
|Assistant coach||Alex Blackburn|
|Assistant coach||Rick Wright|
- Keepfer, Scott (July 25, 2017). "Pro soccer league has eyes on Greenville". The Greenville News. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Morris, Lake (March 13, 2018). "Greenville's second soccer franchise is official". The Greenville News. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- USL DIII Staff (March 13, 2018). "USL Division III Welcomes Greenville as Founding Member". usld3.com. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Gilreath, Ariel (August 9, 2018). "Greenville pro soccer team unveils name, colors". Greenville Journal. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Morris, Lake (August 27, 2018). "Greenville Triumph announce head soccer coach". The Greenville News. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Kennedy, Paul (August 27, 2018). "USL D3: John Harkes appointed to coach Greenville Triumph". Soccer America. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- "Club News". Greenville Triumph SC. greenvilletriumph.com. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- "Club Leadership". Greenville Triumph SC. Retrieved September 7, 2018.
|This article about a soccer club from South Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|