|Elevation||1,401 ft (427 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||473873|
Greenwich (pronounced //) is an unincorporated community in Sedgwick County, Kansas, United States. Greenwich is 9.5 miles (15.3 km) northeast of downtown Wichita. Greenwich has a post office with ZIP code 67055.
Greenwich had its start by the building of the St. Louis, Fort Scott & Wichita Railroad through that territory.
The first post office in Greenwich was established in September 1874.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Greenwich has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Greenwich, Kansas.|
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- William Allen White School of Journalism and Public Information (1955). A pronunciation guide to Kansas place names. Lawrence, KS: University of Kansas. p. 13.
- ZIP Code Lookup
- Bentley, Orsemus Hills (1910). History of Wichita and Sedgwick County, Kansas: Past and Present. Windmill Publications. p. 630.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on 9 October 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Climate Summary for Greenwich, Kansas
|This article about a location in Sedgwick County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|