|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||1,401 ft (427 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-28700 |
|GNIS ID||473873 |
Greenwich had its start by the building of the St. Louis, Fort Scott & Wichita Railroad through that territory..
The first post office in Greenwich was established in September 1874.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Greenwich has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) details for Greenwich, Kansas; United States Geological Survey (USGS); October 13, 1978.
- ZIP Code Lookup
- William Allen White School of Journalism and Public Information (1955). A pronunciation guide to Kansas place names. Lawrence, KS: University of Kansas. p. 13.
- Bentley, Orsemus Hills (1910). History of Wichita and Sedgwick County, Kansas: Past and Present. Windmill Publications. p. 630.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on 9 October 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Climate Summary for Greenwich, Kansas
|This article about a location in Sedgwick County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|