Greenwich (CDP), New Jersey
Greenwich, New Jersey
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||0.907 sq mi (2.349 km2)|
|• Land||0.907 sq mi (2.349 km2)|
|• Water||0.000 sq mi (0.000 km2) 0.00%|
|Elevation||387 ft (118 m)|
|• Density||3,037.7/sq mi (1,172.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||02583994|
Greenwich is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Greenwich Township in Warren County, New Jersey, United States, that was defined as part of the 2010 United States Census. As of the 2010 Census, the CDP's population was 2,755.
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 2,755 people, 805 households, and 722.085 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 3,037.7 per square mile (1,172.9/km2). There were 818 housing units at an average density of 902.0 per square mile (348.3/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 73.58% (2,027) White, 10.60% (292) Black or African American, 0.15% (4) Native American, 11.07% (305) Asian, 0.07% (2) Pacific Islander, 1.67% (46) from other races, and 2.87% (79) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.97% (247) of the population.
There were 805 households out of which 63.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 80.0% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 10.3% were non-families. 7.8% of all households were made up of individuals, and 2.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.42 and the average family size was 3.62.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 38.3% under the age of 18, 4.1% from 18 to 24, 28.2% from 25 to 44, 25.3% from 45 to 64, and 4.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35.8 years. For every 100 females there were 92.5 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 88.0 males.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Greenwich Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed June 3, 2013
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Greenwich CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed April 18, 2015.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Warren County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, p. III-5, August 2012. Accessed June 4, 2013. "Warren County—Name Changes: Beattystown CDP name corrected from Beatyestown; New CDPs: Allamuchy (formed from part of deleted Allamuchy-Panther Valley CDP), Anderson, Asbury, Blairstown, Brainards, Bridgeville, Broadway, Brookfield, Buttzville, Columbia, Delaware, Delaware Park, Finesville, Great Meadows (formed from part of deleted Great Meadows-Vienna CDP and additional area), Greenwich, Hainesburg, Harmony, Hope, Hutchinson, Johnsonburg, Lopatcong Overlook, Marksboro, Mountain Lake, Mount Hermon, New Village, Panther Valley (formed from part of deleted Allamuchy-Panther Valley CDP), Port Colden, Port Murray, Silver Lake, Stewartsville, Upper Pohatcong, Upper Stewartsville, and Vienna (formed from part of deleted Great Meadows-Vienna and additional area)"