Greenwood Memorial Park (San Diego)
Opened in 1908, Greenwood covers approximately 125 acres (0.51 km2) five miles east of Downtown San Diego. The cemetery is an example of a Rural cemetery, incorporating architecture, art, and landscaping into its design. Greenwood and its accompanying mortuary are now part of NorthStar Memorial Group (NSMP).
- Belle Benchley (1882–1973), director of the San Diego Zoo from 1927–1953
- Dan Broderick, attorney, and his wife Linda, murdered by his ex-wife, Betty Broderick, in 1989
- Victor Buono (1938–1982), character actor
- George Burnham (1868–1939), banker, politician
- Marvel Crosson (1904–1929) pioneer female aviator
- David Faber (1928-2015), Polish-born Holocaust survivor, author, lecturer
- Walter Fuller (1910–2003), jazz trumpeter and vocalist, civil-rights activist
- Ulysses S. "Buck" Grant, Jr. (1852–1929), son of Ulysses S. Grant, attorney and investment capitalist, developer of the U.S. Grant Hotel
- Ulysses S. Grant IV (1893–1977), grandson of President Ulysses S. Grant and former chairman of the Department of Geology, University of California at Los Angeles
- Burke Hanford (1872–1928), sailor, recipient of the Medal of Honor
- William "Bill" Kettner (1864–1930), United States Congressman, civic booster
- Moses A. Luce (1842–1933), Civil War veteran, Medal of Honor recipient, attorney, founder of Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps
- Charles Schroeter (1863-1921), Civil War and Apache War veteran, Medal of Honor recipient; re-interred at Miramar National Cemetery in 2015
- Ernestine Schumann-Heink (1861–1936), operatic contralto
- Phil Swing (1884–1963), United States Congressman
- Gregon A. Williams, Marine Corps Major general; served in Nicaragua, World War II and Korean War
- Harold Bell Wright (1872–1944), best-selling writer
- Mallios, Seth and Caterino, David M. Cemeteries of San Diego. Arcadia Publishing. 2007.
- Steele, Jeanette Steele (30 May 2015). "Medal of Honor soldier in unmarked crypt". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "Casualty Record, J Hadwen". Commonwealth War Graves Commission date accessed = 22 December 2016.
- Culbertson, Judi; Randall, Tom (1989). "13: San Diego Cemeteries". Permanent Californians: an illustrated guide to the cemeteries of California. Chelsea, VT: Chelsea Green. pp. 216–217. ISBN 978-0930031213. OCLC 19322965.
- Journal of San Diego History – San Diego Cemeteries: A Brief Guide
- Greenwood Memorial Park at Find a Grave
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Greenwood Cemetery
- Greenwood Memorial Park Official Website