|Born||Kandace Greer Grammer
February 15, 1992
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Relatives||Spencer Grammer (half-sister); 4 other half-siblings|
Grammer was born in Los Angeles, California to actor Kelsey Grammer and make-up artist Barrie Buckner. Her parents were never married. Through her father, she has three half-sisters: Spencer (born 1983), Mason (born 2001), and Faith (born 2012) and two half-brothers: Jude (born 2004) and Gabriel (born 2014). She was raised primarily by her mother in Malibu, California. She was named after actress Greer Garson.
Grammer became passionate for theater at a young age, participating in various plays from the age of 5 before competing in pageants as a teenager. She attended Idyllwild Arts Academy for two years, receiving training under their theater program. She graduated from the University of Southern California in June 2014 as a theater major. She is also a member of the Delta Tau chapter of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority.
Grammer entered her first beauty pageant in 2008, winning the title of Miss Teen Malibu. She went on to place within the top 10 in the Miss California Teen competition. She competed again the following year, successfully retaining her crown and again placing within the Top 10 of the state competition. In 2009, she represented the Marina Del Rey region, placing in the Top 10 of the 2010 state competition for the third year in a row. That year, Grammer also held the title of Miss Regional California Teen 2011.
Grammer's first acting role was as a guest star on an episode of the Nickelodeon teen series iCarly in 2010. She then went on to star in the independent films Almost Kings, Chastity Bites, and An Evergreen Christmas.
In 2011, Grammer was cast as Lissa Miller in the MTV comedy series, Awkward. She was in a recurring role for the first two seasons before being promoted to a series regular for seasons three, four and five. In 2015, she guest starred as McKenna on Melissa & Joey for three episodes of the final season.
It was announced in June 2015 that Grammer would be starring in the upcoming Lifetime original movie, Manson's Lost Girls, to be released in 2016. In July 2015, it was announced that she would be starring as Summer Roberts in The Unauthorized O.C. Musical, a stage adaptation of the pilot episode of The O.C..
|2014||An Evergreen Christmas||Annabelle|
|2010||iCarly||Tancy||Episode: "iSpace Out"|
|2011–2016||Awkward||Lissa Miller||Recurring, seasons 1-2; Series regular, season 3-present|
|2015||Melissa & Joey||McKenna Cederstrom||Recurring, 3 episodes|
|2016||Manson's Lost Girls||Leslie Van Houten||TV movie|
|2016||Cupcake Wars||Herself||Episode: "Celebrity: Cupcakes in Space"|
|2016||Rush Hour||Destiny||Episode: "Knock, Knock... House Creeping!"|
|2016||Undergrad Nightmare||Samantha Blake||TV movie|
- "watching a movie w/ Greer Garson in it. shes the actress I was named after. shes absolutely radiant. I can only hope to live up to the name". Twitter. December 9, 2009. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- "Greek of the Week: Greer Grammer". The Odyssey. 2012-01-26. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "About Awkward". MTV Press. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Kelsey Grammer's Daughter Named Miss Golden Globe 2015". People. 2014-11-20. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- "Beauties And The Beach: The Miss Malibu Beauty Pageant". LA.com. 2009-08-25. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Miss California 2010 Pageant Preliminaries". Radar Online. 2009-11-29. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Miss & Teen Regional California Pageant – Scholarship Opportunity, A Year of Excitement & Community Service". Ventura County Star. 2011-06-11. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "MTV Twitter Roundup: 'Awkward.' Gal Greer Grammer Was Once A Sashaying Pageant Queen". MTV. 2013-09-06. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- "Everything we know about The Unauthorized O.C. Musical". Entertainment Weekly. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.