Greg Austin (actor)
Greg in March 2017
|Born||2 August 1992|
|Class, Mr Selfridge|
Austin grew up in Bournemouth. Before Austin became an actor he started off as a dancer. He danced Modern, ballet, Tap and Street Dance, which got him into musical theatre. After this he studied at Arts Educational in London, where he finished his musical theatre degree in 2013.
From 2014 to 2016 Austin starred as the young Gordon Selfridge in ITV's Mr Selfridge. He got this job even before finishing his theatre degree. He also appeared as Rufus Barton in one episode of Law & Order: UK.
In 2015 Austin appeared in the short film Into the Surf.
In 2016 Austin was cast in the BBC Three Doctor Who spin-off Class as Charlie Smith. Austin's character Charlie is an alien who falls in love with his classmate Matteusz. At first Austin didn't know his character was alien. When he read the script he presumed that Charlie was being a bit socially inept and might have mild Asperger's syndrome. This also helped him to have a different way of looking at things and to get an alien perspective.
In 2017, Greg starred in a popular Wrigley's chewing gum commercial, as well as appearing in series 5 of ITV's Endeavour as Rufus Barton.
In 2018 Austin reprised his role as Charlie in six audio plays by Big Finish. Greg then appeared briefly as a "synth" in the Channel 4 series Humans. He also filmed for a guest lead role on Stephen Poliakoff's Summer of Rockets, which is set to be released on BBC2 on the 22nd of May, 2019.
|2014||Law & Order: UK||Rufus Barton||Guest role (1 episode)|
|2014–2016||Mr Selfridge||Gordon Selfridge||Main cast (30 episodes)|
|2016||Class||Charlie Smith||Main cast (8 episodes)|
|2018||Endeavour||Kit Hutchens/Rufus Barton||Guest Role (2 episodes)|
|2018||Humans||Roland||Guest role (1 episode)|
|2019||Summer of Rockets||Anthony Shaw|
|2020||Hunters||Travis Leich||Main cast (10 episodes)|
|2016||Backing Up||Short film|
|2015||Into the Surf||Sebastian||Short film|
|2019||After the War||Freddy|
|2018||Class||Charlie Smith||8 episodes|
- Traverso-Madden, Olivia (19 November 2016). "Stars of Doctor Who teen spin-off 'Class' discuss their popular onscreen relationship". Attitude. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Barbar, M (20 January 2016). "Greg Austin, Gordon Selfridge in ITV's Mr Selfridge, grew up in the Bournemouth area". Blackmorevale. Retrieved 21 January 2017.[permanent dead link]
- Stanton-Humphreys, Robyn (19 November 2016). "Greg Austin – Back in Class". 1883 Magazine. Archived from the original on 23 June 2017. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Gill, James. "Who are the stars of new Doctor Who spin-off Class?". Radio Times. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- "Actors – Greg Austin". Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Jeffery, Morgan (21 October 2016). "Exclusive: Class star Greg Austin says Peter Capaldi is a "genius madman" – and reveals his hopes for a series 2". Digital Spy. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Williams, Kathryn (21 October 2016). "It's a bit scary, a bit teen angst-y and it's got aliens: Here's what the writer of Class says about the Doctor Who spin-off". Wales Online. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- "Axed Doctor Who spin-off Class to return for audio series". Radio Times.
- Greg Austin is currently shooting ‘Endeavour’ for Mammoth Screen/ITV1.