||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Greg Cipes at the 2016 Wondercon.
|Born||Gregory Michael Cipes
January 4, 1980
Coral Springs, Florida, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, singer, musician, composer, professional surfer|
|Agent||Cunningham, Escott, Slevin and Doherty|
Gregory Michael "Greg" Cipes (born January 4, 1980) is an American actor, voice actor, singer, musician, composer, and professional surfer.
Cipes was ranked #3 Junior Professional Surfer in the U.S. in 1998, the year he began his career in cinema. He is known as a surfing icon.
Cipes' best known role is Beast Boy in the Teen Titans animated series. He would continue to reprise the role in the series spin-off movie Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo, as well as the video games Teen Titans, the video game adaption of the series and the online video game DC Universe Online, and was the voice of Atlas in the Astro Boy anime series in 2003. He is also widely known for his past role as the voice of Kevin Levin in Ben 10: Alien Force and in future variations of the Ben 10 Franchise. He is also referred to in the comic Teen Titans Go #26 as a stunt double named Craig Snipes. In 2012, he began working on Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as Michelangelo.
Cipes has made numerous appearances on television in both commercials and television programs. He was one of seven friends in the MTV reality show Twentyfourseven. Cipes made some guest appearances on One on One as Butter, one of Arnaz Ballard's band members. He guest starred on House M.D. in the episode Family as a cane salesman. He has made appearances in the television series Gilmore Girls, in the season four episode "Ted Koppel's Big Night Out", and Deadwood. Cipes has also guest starred in an episode of Ghost Whisperer in the episode "Love Still Won't Die". He appeared as a freegan in the Bones season six episode "The Body and the Bounty". He is also the voice of Steve Jackson on the television series Fish Hooks. He also plays a man who camps out in Roseanne's yard in her series Roseanne's Nuts. He also voiced Tu in the The Legend of Korra.
Cipes is the front man for the reggae/hip-hop band Cipes and the People. The band has developed a following in Southern California, and other parts of the United States and Asia. Their first album, Conscious Revolution, was released by High Valley Entertainment in October 2007. The song "Rescue" on the band's 2007 debut release Conscious Revolution features teenage pop star Jesse McCartney. Cipes also works as a singer in clubs in Los Angeles. He has released music videos for the songs "Fade Away", "Free Me", and "Oh Why Oh Why (Greg Cipes and Jah Sun)".
Cipes was the announcer for Cartoon Network from July to October 2008.
Since Cipes was 8 years old, he has eaten a vegetarian diet. In 2009, he became vegan. He also owns three dogs: Shadow, Wingman, and Batman and is close to them. Both Marley and Timber have died. His favorite musician is reggae artist Bob Marley. He is close to the actors from Teen Titans, in particular Khary Payton, Tara Strong, and Ashley Johnson (who he jokingly calls his "cartoon girlfriend").
- 50 First Dates – Painter (uncredited)
- And They're Off – Mark Youngerman
- Back from Iraq – Corporal Ryan Holt
- Boys & Girls Guide To Getting Down – Drunk Driver
- Club Dread – Trevor
- Deep Dark Canyon – Guthrie Cavanaugh
- Fast & Furious – Dwight Mueller
- Inhabited – Tyler
- John Tucker Must Die – Guy at Party #4
- Kathy T Gives Good Hoover – Curtis
- Killer Pad – Vance
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout – Beast Boy
- Pledge This! – Reed
- Nite Tales
- Simon Says – Zack
- Stress, Orgasms, and Salvation – Water
- Taina – Student
- Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo – Beast Boy
- The Lego Movie – Michelangelo
- The Onion Movie – Hippie Diplomant
- The Sound Stage – Himself
- The Wild – Ryan
- Vile – Sam
- All Grown Up! – J.R. (Member of boy band "The Sulky Boys")
- Anger Management – Canvas (Guest star; "Charlie and the Cheating Patient", "Charlie and the Virgin" and "Charlie Kills His Ex's Sex Life")
- Astro Boy – Atlas
- Ben 10: Alien Force – Kevin Levin
- Ben 10: Omniverse – Kevin Levin
- Ben 10: Ultimate Alien – Kevin Levin
- Bones – Dylan (Episode: "The Body and the Bounty")
- Boss – Troy
- Cold Case – Greg Wells (Episode: "Saving Sammy")
- Codename: Kids Next Door – Numbuh 1600 and Lt. Seltzer
- CSI Miami – Phil Pinkerton (Episode: "Dead Ringer")
- Deadwood – Miles Anderson (Episodes: "Bullock Returns to the Camp" and "Suffer the Little Children")
- Father of the Pride – Roger
- Fish Hooks – Steve Jackson
- General Hospital – J.T. (8 episodes)
- Generator Rex – Sly
- Gilmore Girls – Brennan Lewis (Episode: "Ted Koppel's Big Night Out")
- Ghost Whisperer – Jamey Barton (Episodes: "The Crossing", "Love Still Won't Die" and "The Gathering")
- Gravity Falls – Craz (3 episodes)
- Half-Shell Heroes: Blast to the Past - Michaelangelo
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Take Time (and Space) - Michelangelo
- House M.D. – Salesman (Episode: "Family")
- Justice League – Jack from the Royal Flush Gang
- Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil – Horace and Emo Kid
- MDs – Tanner (Episodes: "Connective Tissue", Time of Death", "A La Casa", Open Heart", Heartland", "Cruel and Unusual", "R.I.P.", "Wing and a Prayer", "Reversal of Fortune" and "Family Secrets")
- Milo Murphy's Law – Mort Schaeffer
- Nite Tales: The Series – Surfer (Episode: "Trapped")
- One on One – Jesse, Butter (Episodes: "Bullock Returns to the Camp", "Suffer the Little Children", "We'll Take Manhattan", "Rock the Vote", "Who Brought the Jive Turkey?", "Mojo No Mo'", "Lock Blockin'", "Rock and a Hard Place" and "Cap and Frown")
- Peacemakers – Will Johnston (Episodes: "Pilot", "29 Seconds", "No Excuse", "Dead to Rights", "Legend of the Gun", "The Perfect Crime", "The Witness", "Bad Company" and "A Town Without Pity")
- Raines – Hunter (Episode: "Stone Dead")
- RoboSplaat! – RoboSplaat "Splaat"
- Roseanne's Nuts – Himself
- Samantha Who? – Street Musician (Episode: "The Rock Star")
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Zatt
- Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! – Chiro
- Talking Friends – Tom Cat
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Michaelangelo
- Teen Titans – Beast Boy, Adonis, Private H.I.V.E., additional voices
- Teen Titans Go! – Beast Boy, Adonis, Private H.I.V.E., additional voices
- The Adventures of Puss in Boots – Brandt
- The Legend of Korra – Tu (Episodes: "The Earth Queen", "In Harm's Way", "Long Live the Queen", "The Ultimatum", "Reunion", "Remembrances" and "Day of the Colossus")
- The Loud House - Luke Loud (Episode: "One of the Boys")
- The Middle – Chuck (11 episodes)
- Totally Spies! – Dean (Episodes: "Evil Promotion Much", "Deja Cruise", "WOOHPtastic", and "Totally Dunzo")
- True Blood – Bufort Norris (Episodes: "Night on the Sun" and "Evil Is Going On")
- Ultimate Spider-Man – Danny Rand/Iron Fist
- W.I.T.C.H. – Caleb, Clubber
- Without a Trace – Wayne (Episode: "Two of Us")
- Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes – Iron Fist
- Disney Infinity 3.0 – Iron Fist
- Hot Shots Tennis – Cody
- Lego Dimensions - Beast Boy
- Lego Marvel's Avengers - Iron Fist
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes – Havok, Nightmare, Shocker, Toad
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload – Iron Fist
- MySims – Buddy the Bellhop
- Teen Titans – Beast Boy
- "Greg Cipes Biography ((?)-)". www.filmreference.com. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- TitansGo.net :: View thread - [Reviews] TTG #26 - "Call of the Wild"
- PETAKids.com > Feature > Meet Greg Cipes
- > Feature > Meet Greg Cipes
- GregCipes on Twitter
- "Greg Cipes".
- Avalanche Software. Disney Infinity 3.0. Scene: Closing credits, 5:39 in, Featuring the Voice Talents of.