Greg Edmonson is a music composer for television and movies. He is primarily known for composing the soundtrack to the cult TV series Firefly. He is also the composer for the first three games in the Uncharted video game series, and for a number of episodes of the American animated sitcom King of the Hill.
Greg Edmonson grew up in Dallas, Texas and played the guitar as a youth. He studied jazz composition at the University of North Texas College of Music. Later, while he was a studio musician and session player, he went to the Musicians Institute of Technology. He has studied with Dr. Albert Harris, the former musical director for NBC and a leading composition teacher and music lecturer.
As a protégé of the widely successful and well known TV composer Mike Post (Magnum, P.I., Hill Street Blues, The Rockford Files), Edmonson worked on a number of series providing additional scoring for Post (credited and sometimes not credited).
His compositions are usually written on the piano but he sometimes uses a guitar.
- Turn of the Blade (1994)
- Science Fiction: A Journey Into the Unknown (1994)
- Last Lives (1997)
- Martian Law (1998)
- Frog and Wombat (1998)
- Undercover Angel (1999)
- Blue Ridge Fall (1999)
- Gary the Rat (2000)
- Luckytown (2000)
- Fast Women (2001)
- Miss Castaway and the Island Girls (2004)
- Sweet Union (2004)
- My First Christmas Tree (2007)
- Skyrunners (2009)
- Montana Amazon (2011)
- Bounty Killer (2013)
- Cop Rock (1990)
- Masters of the Maze (1994–1995)
- King of the Hill (1997–2009)
- Firefly (2002–2003)
- F.L.I.P. Mysteries: Women on the Case (2008)
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2007)
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
|1991||Emmy Award||Outstanding Achievement in Music and Lyrics||Cop Rock ("Oil Of Ol'Lay")||Nominated|
|2007||Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences||Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition||Uncharted: Drake's Fortune||Nominated|
|Hollywood Music In Media Award||Best Original Score – Video Game||Uncharted: Drake's Fortune||Nominated|
|2009||Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences||Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves||Won|
|British Academy of Film and Television Arts||Best Original Score||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves||Won|
|British Academy of Film and Television Arts||Best Use of Audio||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves||Won|
|Game Audio Network Guild||Music of the Year||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves||Won|
|Game Audio Network Guild||Best Soundtrack Album||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves||Nominated|
|Game Audio Network Guild||Best Interactive Score||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves||Nominated|
|Game Audio Network Guild||Best Original Instrumental Song||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – "Reunion"||Won|
|Hollywood Music In Media Award||Best Original Score – Video Game||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves||Nominated|
- "2008 11th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards". Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "2010 13th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards". Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "Past Winners and Nominees – Video Games – Awards – The BAFTA Site – 2009". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- Graft, Kris (2010-03-15). "Uncharted 2 Top Winner At G.A.N.G. Audio Awards". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- Alexander, Leigh (2010-03-15). "Assassin's Creed II, Uncharted 2 Lead G.A.N.G. Award Finalists". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Hollywood Music in Media Awards – 2009 Winners". Hollywood Music in Media. Retrieved 2009-12-17.