|Date of birth||16 September 1965|
|Height||176 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1993.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
"Sugar" Healy's rise to the senior ranks at Melbourne were helped when he won the 1983 Morrish Medal for the season's best player in the VFL's Under-19 competition. A rover, he made his debut for the Demons the following season and in 1986 won their best and fairest award and topped their goalkicking. In 1988 he was appointed Melbourne's youngest ever captain at just 22 years of age. In his first year in charge he led the club to their first Grand Final since 1964, but they were defeated by Hawthorn.
Healy gave up the captaincy to Garry Lyon at the end of 1990. He suffered a season ending knee injury in round 3 against St Kilda in 1991 which resulted in a knee reconstruction. Healy returned and played on for the next two years, spending the majority of 1993 in the reserves, where he was part of the reserves 1993 premiership. He was delisted at the end of the 1993 season and was left unselected in the 1993 AFL Draft.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Devaney, John. "Greg Healy". Australian Football. The Slattery Media Group. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Smithers, Patrick (4 February 1987). "Demons captaincy hangs well on Healy". The Age. Retrieved 11 August 2014 – via Google News Archive.
- Carroll, Lynda (1 February 2012). "Former captain Greg Healy joins board". Melbourne Football Club. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Blight, Malcolm (26 September 1988). "Hawk victory the perfect ending to a super season". The Age. Retrieved 11 August 2014 – via Google News Archive.
- "Healy stands down from board". Melbourne Football Club. 4 October 2013. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Niall, Jake (3 May 1997). "Get Rid of him ... He's a hack ... Get him off!". The Sunday Age. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Browne, Ashley (19 October 1993). "Few surprises as league clubs trim their lists". The Age. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Youth wins the day at first televised draft". The Age. 29 October 1993. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Greg Healy's player profile at AFL Tables
- Greg Healy's playing statistics from AFL Tables