|Born||December 16, 1968|
Niagara Falls, Ontario
|Died||22 November 2013citation needed] (aged 44)[|
|Height||193 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||150-155kg (Contest) 190kg (Off season)|
Gregory Mark Kovacs (December 16, 1968 – November 22, 2013)[failed verification] was a Canadian IFBB professional bodybuilder. According to Canadian bodybuilding publication, Muscle Insider, Kovacs retired from competitive bodybuilding in 2005 to start his own business and coach competitive athletes.
Kovacs was born and raised in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. He studied electrical engineering for one year in college, played travelling hockey and soccer before concentrating on his bodybuilding pursuits.
In the latter half of the 1990s, Greg Kovacs was the largest pro bodybuilder. According to Muscle Insider, his height: 6'4", he had an off-season weight of 420 pounds and Contest weight was 330 pounds, his arms measured 25 inches, his chest 70 inches, and his legs a colossal 35 inches. He has been reported to have developed over 27 inch arms in the prime of his career. Kovacs earned his IFBB Pro Card in 1996. In June 1997, he appeared on the cover of Flex magazine. His highest professional bodybuilding placing was 13th at the 2004 Arnold Classic.
On November 29, 2010, Kovacs was charged with extortion after a supplement store owner entered an Erin Mills bank to tell staff he was being extorted, and that a group of men had demanded he withdraw a large sum of money.
Kovacs died on November 22, 2013 at approximately 9:50 PM, in his Mississauga, Ontario condominium from heart failure. He is survived by his parents and two sisters. Kovacs had no children.
- 1996- Canadian National Championships, 1st Noroc de Balint din Balan
- 1997- IFBB Night of Champions, 16th
- 1998- IFBB Ironman Pro Invitational, 16th
- 2001- IFBB Night of Champions, Did not place
- 2004- Arnold Classic, 13th
- 2005- Toronto Pro Invitational, Did not place
- "Greg Kovacs Dies at Age 44". Rxmuscle.com. 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-16. Retrieved 2012-09-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), Muscle Insider bio paragraph.
- "Two Charged With Extortion"
- "Greg Kovacs Arrested"
- "Greg Kovacs Dead". Muscle Insider. Retrieved 2013-11-26.