Greg Little (wide receiver)
Little in Training Camp with the Browns.
|No. 11 Cincinnati Bengals|
|Date of birth:||May 30, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Durham, North Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school:||Durham (NC) Hillside|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 3, 2015|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Gregory Lamar Little (born May 30, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football and college basketball at North Carolina.
High school career
Little attended Hillside High School in Durham, North Carolina, where he played football, basketball and ran track. He graduated in the spring of 2007. Little primarily played tailback during his junior year as well as spending some time at wide receiver. His vertical jump was 40.0" and his broad jump was 10-1. North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and USC all offered scholarships for Little to attend their respective colleges. He visited North Carolina on October 13, 2006, Notre Dame on September 16, 2006, and Ohio State on September 23, 2006. He later verbally committed to the University of North Carolina. Little had a high school GPA of 2.7 and scored 930 on the SAT. He played in the 2007 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
As a freshman in college during 2007, he had a total of 300 rushing yards and 99 receiving yards. Little also returned kickoffs for total of 145 yards. As a sophomore, he had a total of 339 rushing yards, 146 receiving yards, and 141 return yards. During his final collegiate season, as a junior, Little had 166 rushing yards, 724 receiving yards, and 222 kickoff return yards. As a senior in 2010, Little did not play, as he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for lying to investigators about receiving travel accommodations and jewelry.
On November 19, 2013, the University of North Carolina sent a disassociation letter to Little, Marvin Austin, and Robert Quinn for the improper benefits taken during their time at the university. The three athletes are prohibited from contacting current North Carolina athletes and are not allowed inside the Kenan Football Center or other athletic facilities on campus.
As a freshman in college, Greg Little also played basketball on the University of North Carolina basketball team that went to the Final 4 during the 2007-08 season. He played in 10 games and averaged 1.5ppg.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 1/2 in||231 lb||33 1/4 in||9 1/8 in||4.53 s||4.21 s||6.8 s||40.5 in||10 ft 9 in||27 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Greg Little finished the 2011 season leading the Cleveland Browns in catches and receiving yards. Little was second among rookies in catches, behind first round pick A. J. Green and fifth in yards behind A.J. Green, Torrey Smith, Julio Jones, and Doug Baldwin. He also finished with two touchdowns.
On May 16, 2014, Little was released by the Browns after 3 seasons with the team.
On July 30, 2015, Little re-signed with the Bengals.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- http://www.tarheeltimes.com/rosterbasketball-2007.aspx, retrieved June 25, 2011 Missing or empty
- foxsportsnext.com, & Scout.com. (2011). Greg Little. Retrieved December 10, 2012, from http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1860630
- Sports Reference LLC. (2012). Greg Little. Retrieved December 5, 2012, from http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/greg-little-1.html
- Agent scandal costs UNC three players
- "UNC severs ties with Austin, Little, Quinn". Raleigh News & Observer. 2013-11-19. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/greg-little?id=2495192, retrieved April 30, 2011 Missing or empty
- Raiders claim Greg Little on waivers
- Wilkening, Mike (February 27, 2015). "Bengals release Robert Geathers, Greg Little". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-08-05.
- Alper, Josh (July 30, 2015). "Bengals sign Greg Little". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-08-05.
- Elias Sports Bureau. (2012). Greg Little Stats. Retrieved March, 2014, from http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14024/greg-little
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Oakland Raiders bio
- Cleveland Browns bio
- North Carolina Tar Heels bio