Greg Lukianoff in 2015
|Alma mater||American University, |
Stanford Law School
|Known for||Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (president)|
|The Coddling of the American Mind|
Greg Lukianoff (//) is the president of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE). He previously served as FIRE's first director of legal and public advocacy until he was appointed president in 2006.
Lukianoff has published articles in the Los Angeles Times, The Boston Globe, The Chronicle of Higher Education, The Atlantic, Inside Higher Ed, and the New York Post. His article in The Atlantic, "The Coddling of the American Mind" laid the groundwork for a nationwide discussion of whether or not trigger warnings are harming college health. He is a blogger for the Huffington Post and served as a regular columnist for the Daily Journal of Los Angeles and San Francisco. Along with Harvey Silverglate and David A. French, Lukianoff is a co-author of FIRE's Guide to Free Speech on Campus. He testified before the United States Congress on the state of free speech on college campuses, and appeared in the films Brainwashing 101 and Indoctrinate U, on the same topic. He has made numerous appearances on nationally syndicated television shows.
He has also appeared on various news shows, including Stossel on more than one occasion. Before joining FIRE, Lukianoff worked for the American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California, the Organization for Aid to Refugees, and the EnvironMentors Project. He lives in New York City.
- Lukianoff, Greg (2014). Unlearning Liberty: Campus Censorship and the End of American Debate. Encounter Books. ISBN 9781594037306.
- Lukianoff, Greg (2014). Freedom from Speech. Encounter Books. ISBN 9781594038075.
- Lukianoff, Greg; Haidt, Jonathan (2018). The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure. New York City: Penguin Press. ISBN 9780735224896. OCLC 1007552624.
- FIRE Names Greg Lukianoff as President, FIRE, March 23, 2006. Retrieved May 28, 2008
- Washington University Law School Club Feud Is Resolved. Retrieved May 28, 2008. Archived December 31, 2010, at WebCite
- "The Coddling of the American Mind" by Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt, The Atlantic, September 2015
- Articles by Greg Lukianoff in the HuffPost. Retrieved May 28, 2008
- FIRE – Events and Media Appearances
- Aaronovitch, David (2018-08-18). "Review: The Coddling of the American Mind by Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt – how we raised Generation Snowflake". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2018-08-24.