|Born||May 24, 1960|
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College|
Harvard Business School
Greg Maffei (born May 24, 1960) is an American businessman. He is the president and chief executive officer of Liberty Media and the chairman of Live Nation Entertainment, Sirius XM and TripAdvisor. He is the chairman emeritus of Starz and Expedia, as well as the former chief financial officer of Oracle and Microsoft.
Maffei was the Chairman of the Board of Starz and a Director of Barnes & Noble, Citrix, DIRECTV, Dorling Kindersley, Electronic Arts, and Starbucks Coffee. He also served as President and CFO of Oracle, Chairman, President and CEO of 360networks, CFO of Microsoft, and Chairman of the Board of Expedia.
Maffei joined Liberty Media in 2005. He serves as its president and CEO, as well as the president and CEO of Liberty Interactive Corporation and its various spun-off entities. He also serves as chairman of the board of the Liberty-related companies, Live Nation Entertainment, Sirius XM and TripAdvisor, and as a director of Charter Communications, Liberty Broadband, Liberty TripAdvisor and Zillow. Maffei has been leading the team in transforming these companies to compete in the digital/mobile era alongside Chairman John C. Malone.
Liberty Media owns media, communications and entertainment businesses, including subsidiaries Formula 1, Sirius XM and the Atlanta Braves and an interest in Live Nation Entertainment. Liberty Interactive owns digital commerce businesses, including subsidiaries QVC, zulily and Evite, and interests in Interval Leisure Group, FTD, LendingTree and HSN. In addition, Maffei serves as President and CEO of Liberty Broadband and Chairman, President and CEO of Liberty TripAdvisor, which were spun off from Liberty Media and Liberty Interactive, respectively, in 2014. Liberty Broadband consists primarily of a stake in Charter Communications and Liberty TripAdvisor holds a controlling interest in TripAdvisor. Liberty's stocks have continuously provided great returns for shareholders, for which Liberty Media was headlined in Barron’s in October 2016. Liberty Media ranked #5 in Fortune’s 2017 World’s Most Admired Companies in the Media & Entertainment Industry.
Personal life and education
Maffei lives in Colorado with his wife and children.
- "MANAGEMENT". Liberty Media. Retrieved June 4, 2017.
- "Maffei leaving Starbucks' board". The Seattle Times. The Seattle Times. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "IAC/InterActiveCorp - Current Report". ir.iac.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Sisario, Ben. "Live Nation Names Gregory B. Maffei Chairman". New York Times.
- "Board of Directors – Zillow Group". www.zillowgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Melby, Caleb. "Malone's Four Liberty Spinoffs Pay Maffei Combined $57 Million". Bloomberg.
- "TripAdvisor - Definitive Proxy Statement". ir.tripadvisor.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "This Weekend's Barron's: John Malone May Be Better Than Buffett ~ Best Bets in Asia ~ Broadcom Could Rise 20%". Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "The World's Most Admired Companies for 2017". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Greg Maffei". www.dartmouth.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Donors to the Central Library | The Seattle Public Library". www.spl.org. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "CEO Greg Maffei giving Liberty a lift" (Business). The Denver Post. March 26, 2010. Retrieved 28 April 2017.