Poehler in 2014
Gregory M. Poehler
October 11, 1974
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, producer, writer|
|Relatives||Amy Poehler (sister)|
Poehler moved to Stockholm with Charlotta, his Swedish girlfriend (now wife), in 2006. Finding success as a stand-up comedian, he left his day job as a lawyer to pursue a full-time career in show business, in large part influenced by his older sister, Amy Poehler.
Poehler was born in Boston, Massachusetts and raised in Burlington, Massachusetts. He is the son of high school teachers Eileen Frances (née Milmore) and William Grinstead Poehler. His sister is actress and comedian Amy Poehler. Poehler earned a Bachelor of Arts from Boston College in 1996 before attending the Fordham University School of Law, where he earned a Juris Doctor. He was admitted to the New York and Massachusetts bar associations and the United States Federal Courts for the Southern District of New York and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In 2006, Poehler graduated from Stockholm University with a masters in European intellectual property law.
After twelve years as a lawyer, in 2012 Poehler started doing stand-up comedy in Sweden. At the same time, he began writing the script for what became his first TV series, Welcome to Sweden, in which he plays the lead part, in addition to his roles as head writer and producer. His sister, Amy Poehler, decided to produce the show after proofreading the script. Currently, he stars in You Me Her, a TV series about a three-way romantic relationship.
- "Greg Poehler tar tittarsuccén till USA | Nöje | Expressen". Expressen.se. 2014-04-25. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "'It's time the world laughed with Sweden' - The Local". Thelocal.se. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- Vlessing, Etan (6 October 2013). "MIPCOM: Greg Poehler on Following Older Sister Amy Poehler into TV Comedy". The Hollywood Reporter.
- American Swedish Institute (19 June 2014). "A Conversation with Greg Poehler on "Welcome to Sweden"". American Swedish Institute.
- Hank, Melissa (July 9, 2014). "Amy Poehler's kid brother debuts TV show". Canada.com. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- Storey, Kate (29 June 2014). "The Poehler siblings are ruling the comedy world". NY Post.
- Voosen, Paul. "Comedian Amy Poehler '93 at the Boston College Arts Festival". Boston College Magazine. Boston College.
- Starr, Liane Bonin (8 April 2014). "Amy and Greg Poehler Talk Skarsgards, Doggy Bags, "Welcome to Sweden"". HitFlix.