Greg A. Rosenbaum is an American merchant banker based in Bethesda, Maryland. He is currently the co-principal owner and co-chair of the Dayton Dragons minor league baseball club, and a minority owner of the Mahoning Valley Scrappers minor league baseball club.
Rosenbaum was born in Toledo, Ohio and attended Whitmer High School, the middle child of three brothers. His father, Marvin Rosenbaum, was a furniture salesman and later the owner of a premiums and incentives distributor, and his mother, Edith Millman Rosenbaum, was a vice president at a local advertising agency. Rosenbaum graduated from Harvard College in 1974 with an A.B. in Government. He received a joint Juris Doctor and Master of Public Policy from Harvard Law School and Harvard Kennedy School in 1978. At Harvard Law he was a member of the winning team in the 1976 Ames Moot Court Competition. Rosenbaum is married to Marti Radlo Rosenbaum, and has three grown children and one grandchild.
At Harvard, Rosenbaum was a member of the winning team at the 1974 collegiate National Debate Tournament. In 1979, he was one of the coaches for Harvard's National Debate Tournament-winning team. Rosenbaum and his debate partner Charles Garvin were voted the second-best policy debate team of the 1970s in a poll of contemporary debate coaches and participants.
Rosenbaum serves on the board of directors of Harvard Debate, Inc, and is a former trustee and chair of the National Debate Tournament. In 2011, Rosenbaum was named to the board of directors of the National Association for Urban Debate Leagues.
Rosenbaum is currently the president of Palisades Associates, Inc., a Bethesda, Maryland-based private equity firm. He was previously a consultant with the Boston Consulting Group and a vice president of buyout firm Dyson-Kissner-Moran.
From 2003 to 2012 Rosenbaum was the Chairman of Empire Kosher Poultry, Inc., the largest producer of kosher poultry in the United States, and from 2006 to 2012 he was the company's chief executive officer.
In 2013, President Barack Obama appointed Rosenbaum to the United States Holocaust Memorial Council, the governing body of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, on which he served until January 2017. In 2011, Rosenbaum was named to the board of directors of the National Jewish Democratic Council (NJDC), in 2014 he was elected as the NJDC's chair. In the 2012 election cycle, Rosenbaum was a co-chair of NJDC's political action committee.
Rosenbaum was a charter member of the Clinton Global Initiative and was listed as a donor in reports released by the Clinton Foundation. At the Harvard Kennedy School, Rosenbaum is a vice chair of the HKS Fund Executive Council and was previously a member of the Dean's Council.
In 2015, Rosenbaum told a national gathering of Jewish leaders “I’ve always said, you’ve got Evangelical Republicans supporting Israel because they are building a stairway to heaven on the backs of the Jews in Israel.”
In 2011, the Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty granted Rosenbaum its Humanitarian Award. As the CEO of Empire Kosher, Rosenbaum oversaw the donation of kosher food products to community food pantries.
In 2009, the Philadelphia Jewish Labor Committee granted Rosenbaum, along with U.S. Senator Bob Casey, a Labor Human Rights Award. In 2007, the Jewish Labor Committee granted Rosenbaum a National Trade Union Council for Human Rights Award.
Rosenbaum is currently a trustee of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Foundation, which supports the United States Olympic and Paralympic teams. Rosenbaum and his family are also supporters of the USA Swimming Foundation.
- Greg A. Rosenbaum. mddems.org
- "Palisades Associates, Inc.". Palisadesassociates.com. Retrieved on August 24, 2016.
- "Associate Members – Harvard Kennedy School Alumni Association". hks.harvard.edu
- Wake Forest University, "National Debate Tournament Previous Winners". Groups.wfu.edu. Retrieved on August 24, 2016.
- Southworth, William, "The Decade's 'Best' in Debate (The 1970s)", Journal of the American Speech Association, Fall 1981.
- American Forensic Association, "AFA Officers". Americanforensics.org. Retrieved on August 24, 2016.
- "Alumni News – Harvard Debate Council". Harvarddebate.org (July 14, 2010). Retrieved on 2016-08-24.
- "NAUDL – Board of Directors". urbandebate.org
- DC City Biz List, "Palisades Associates Portfolio Co. TVC Communications Acquired by WESCO", November 17, 2010.
- "Greg Rosenbaum – Palisades Associates, Inc.". Palisadesassociates.com. Retrieved on August 24, 2016.
- Vise, David, "Area Merchant Banking Firm Formed," Washington Post, October 5, 1987, F33.
- Farhi, Paul, "Chi-Chi's Bid Won D.C. Investment Firm Wall Street's Attention," Washington Post, June 6, 1988, F1.
- Thornton, Emily "Carlyle Changes Its Stripes", BusinessWeek, February 12, 2007.
- PR Newswire, "WESCO Completes Acquisition of TVC Communications", December 16, 2010.
- Fisher, Mark, Dayton Daily News, "Dayton Dragons sold to 3 investors", July 2, 2014.
- Heath, Thomas, Washington Post, "Capital Buzz: D.C. businessman buying Dayton baseball team", July 11, 2014.
- "Chair's 2016 Standing Committee Appointments 1.22.16". shefalirazdanduggal.com
- United States Holocaust Memorial Council (as of June 3, 2013). ushmm.org
- "President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts", March 12, 2013
- "Board & Leadership". njdc.org
- Stone, Andrea, Huffington Post, "Jewish Vote In Ohio, Florida May Be Presidential Election Key", November 5, 2012.
- "Clinton Foundation Donors". Washington Post
- Harvard Kennedy School Magazine, "Final Say", Winter 2013.
- "Dean's Council – Members". Hks.harvard.edu (March 23, 2016). Retrieved on 2016-08-24.
- Jewish Telegraphic Agency, "Empire Kosher Chief recognized for food donations", April 11, 2011.
- NY1 News, "City Pantries to Receive 25 tons of poultry", February 6, 2009.
- New York City Government, "News from the Blue Room". Nyc.gov (February 6, 2009). Retrieved on 2016-08-24.
- Philadelphia Jewish Voice, "Jewish Labor Committee Honors Two Leaders", December 2009.
- "Philadelphia's Labor Human Rights Award". Jewish Labor Committee
- Yeshiva World News, "Jewish Labor Committee Honors Empire Kosher Poultry", June 24, 2007.
- Leon, Masha, "JLC Honors NYC Mayor", The Forward, August 9, 2007.
- "Foundation News", March 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Greg Rosenbaum.|