|Born||18 February 1975|
|Education||University of Nottingham|
|Years active||2003 – present|
|Known for||CEO of Learn To Trade|
Greg Secker (born 18 February 1975) is an English businessman who has worked in expertise in foreign exchange and rinternational education of financial trading. Secker has written several books including Financial Freedom Through Forex, Trading Your Way to Success as well as contributing to The Book Of Success: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Success. He is also known for founding companies including Learn To Trade, Capital Index, FX Capital and SmartCharts Software. In 2010, Secker founded the non-profit organization, The Greg Secker Foundation.
Early life and education
During the mid-1990s, Secker was a trading technologist at Thomas Cook Financial Services, where he developed foreign exchange trading systems. He received the British Telecom Award for innovation in e-commerce in 1998 after creating the Virtual Trading Desk, an online forex trading platform. At the age of 25, Secker became Vice President at Mellon Financial Corporation, and learned from financial traders. He retired from the company in 2003 to become a full-time forex trader, by setting up a trading floor in his living room. Secker started to mentor people on trading strategies in his home and founded the Knowledge to Action Group.
In 2010, Secker founded the non-profit organization, The Greg Secker Foundation, to "positively improve the quality of life of people around the world." The organization also partners with youth programs to improve education, leadership and life skills in communities. Following Typhoon Yolanda, Secker visited the Philippines and started the "Build a House, Build a Home" project to build 100 permanent homes in Lemery. In March 2017, he was announced a member of the board of Ambassadors for City Philanthropy. Secker was included on the list of the "200 Most Influential Philanthropists and Social Entrepreneurs" for 2017.
- "EU referendum: Financial markets position themselves for Remain victory". Independent.
- "The Book Of Success: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Success". Athena Publishing.
- "'Financial Freedom Through Forex' by Greg Secker". Pulse.
- "Greg Secker on forex trading". World Finance.
- "Trader Greg Secker: Iron Man with heart of gold". City Philanthropy.
- "I've just hired Sir Richard Branson!". University of Nottingham Alumni Online.
- "Greg Secker asks: Are you still having fun?". HR Zone.
- "This Guy Retired at 27!". Frazzle.au.
- "Greg Secker Foundation launches 'Inspired Youth' Programme in SA". Media Update.
- "100 houses to be built for Yolanda survivors in Iloilo". Manila Times.
- "Philanthropists & Social Entrepreneurs Top 200: From Elon Musk to Melinda Gates, These Are the Most Influential Do-Gooders in the World". Richtopia.