This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Greg Suran with the B-52s at Boston Pops on June 14, 2017
|Genres||Rock, new wave|
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, guitar, acoustic, mandolin, backing vocals, audio engineer|
|Associated acts||The B-52's, Goo Goo Dolls|
Greg Suran is the lead guitarist in the B-52s, a role he has performed since 2013. He replaced Keith Strickland on the road after Strickland announced in December 2012 that he would no longer be touring with the B-52s but would continue as a member of the band.
Before that, Suran had performed and toured with Joe Walsh, Mylene Farmer, Liz Phair, Jewel, Sunny Day Real Estate, and others.
He plays guitar and mandolin, and sings backing vocals. He has been following a vegan diet for two years.
Throughout his life, though, Suran had played in well-known rock bands, including Sunny Day Real Estate, The Goo Goo Dolls (2002-2007), Machines of Loving Grace, Local H, Cupcakes (a band he formed), which released an album on Dreamworks Records. He has also recorded and/or toured with a diverse range of pop artists such as Avril Lavigne, Liz Phair, Five For Fighting, Colbie Caillat, and Jewel. He has recorded guitar on feature film scores/soundtracks such as Rent, Treasure Planet, and Biker Boyz. Suran had worked as a musician in theater for many years with the Blue Man Group and a production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
He toured with Joe Walsh from 2011-2013 on the "Analog Man" tour, then also for two tours with French pop star Mylene Farmer in 2009 and 2013, then also with Don Felder, formerly of the Eagles, from 2013–present.
He worked as a session player and touring musician in Los Angeles until he joined the B-52s in 2013, after Keith Strickland left, with which group he is currently touring in the USA. He now lives in Los Angeles.
For two years, by his own report, he has practiced a vegan diet.
- Glee - The 3D Concert Movie [OST] (CD), with several other artists, 08/09/2011.
- Goo Goo Dolls - Gutterflower
- Goo Goo Dolls - Live in Buffalo
- Goo Goo Dolls - Let Love In
- Jewel - Goodbye Alice In Wonderland
- Jeremy Enigk - World Waits
- Colbie Caillat - Breakthrough
- Five For Fighting - Slice
- Avril Lavigne - Best Damn Thing
- BackStreet Boys - Never Gone
- Jen Wood - Wilderness
- Eldredge, Richard L. (January 4, 2013). "Barnstorming days at an end for one B-52's member". Atlanta. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- Pierce, Tim (Feb 17, 2017). "Greg Suran - Guitarist for Joe Walsh – Don Felder – B 52's". gbase.com. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- Woodcheke, Diane (Feb 17, 2017). "The B-52S Rock the Space at Westbury, NY. 02-26-2016". crypticrock.com. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- Sullivan, Jennifer Nicole (Jun 19, 2013). "From Rhode Island to 'Rock Lobster'". Newport Mercury. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- Annual commencement program, Northwestern University"
- Kim, Jae-Ha (May 31, 2002). "Goo Goo Dolls not ready for shelf". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Party with the B-52s and the Boston Pops!". Boston Pops Orchestra. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
|This article on a United States rock guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|