Toler with the Redskins in 2016
|Date of birth:||January 2, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Washington, D.C.|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||180 lb (82 kg)|
|High school:||Hyattsville (MD) Northwestern|
|College:||Saint Paul's (VA)|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 4 / Pick: 131|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Greg Toler (born January 2, 1985) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Toler was the first player from Saint Paul's College, historically black college, in Lawrenceville, Virginia to be drafted into the NFL.
He had a few scholarship offers in his senior year at Northwestern High School in Hyattsville, Maryland, but he didn't have the grades that were good enough to attend college. He was working at a local JC Penney's and playing semi-pro football in the Washington, DC-Virginia-Maryland area for the DC Explosion (NAFL), when he was noticed by a coach who worked at Saint Paul's College, Virginia. Toler was eventually awarded a scholarship at Saint Paul's College. Toler made the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) All-Conference team as a junior and senior.
Considered one of the most intriguing small-school prospects in the 2009 NFL Draft, Toler was graded as the seventh-best cornerback available. He was selected in the fourth round, 131st overall, by the Cardinals, as the first St. Paul's Tiger ever selected in an NFL Draft. He missed the entire 2011 season due to a torn ACL.
Toler signed with the Indianapolis Colts on March 12, 2013. Toler was placed on injured reserve on January 6, 2014, after suffering a groin injury during the Colts 45-44 Wild Card win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Ball, Stephen (27 April 2009). "The Washington Post: Small-School Toler Gets a Big Reward". Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "AZ Central: With a heavy heart, Arizona Cardinals' Greg Toler making his presence felt". Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "View Draft by Positions". CNN.
- Report: Cardinals lose CB Greg Toler to Colts
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". Colts.com. January 6, 2014. Retrieved January 6, 2014.
- Czarda, Stephen. "Redskins Sign Cornerback Greg Toler". Redskins.com. Retrieved 13 April 2016.