Greg Wyshynski (born March 20, 1977) is an American sportswriter and radio personality, best known for creating Yahoo! Sports’ hockey blog Puck Daddy. He has written two books, Glow Pucks and 10-Cent Beer and Take Your Eye Off the Puck.
Wyshynski is a 1999 graduate of University of Maryland's College of Journalism. In 2000, he started working for The Connection Newspapers of Northern Virginia and spent nearly ten years as a writer and editor there, rising through the ranks to executive sports editor. While at The Connection, Wyshynski received over 50 Virginia Press Association awards, including four first-place citations for sports column writing.
During this time, Wyshynski branched out into other sports writing, serving as an editor for SportsFan Magazine and writing a weekly syndicated sports column, "The Jester’s Quart." In 2006, Wyshynski signed on with AOL Sports’ FanHouse as an NHL writer. He also wrote the weekly "NHL Closer" for Deadspin under editor Will Leitch.
In 2008, Wyshynski left The Connection and joined Yahoo! Sports full-time. As the editor-in-chief of Puck Daddy, he became the first blogger ever named to The Hockey News "100 People of Power and Influence" list. He covered the Vancouver, London, Sochi, and Rio de Janeiro Olympics for Yahoo! Sports, serving as a general columnist for the 2012 and 2016 Games. Wyshynski is a member of the Professional Hockey Writers Association.
In 2011, Wyshynski partnered with Jeff Marek of Sportsnet to create Marek Vs. Wyshynski, a daily live hockey podcast. He has also appeared as a guest on many podcasts, including Slate's Hang Up and Listen, The B.S. Report, Doug Loves Movies, The Stars Wars Minute and NPR’s The Weigh In. He is a regular contributor on several radio networks, including ESPN Radio, Fox Sports Radio, XM NHL Network Radio, TSN Radio, CBC Radio and Sportsnet Radio.
- Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History was published in April 2006 by Taylor Trade.
- Take Your Eye Off the Puck, was published in November 2015 by Triumph Books.
- "Greg Wyshynski". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Greg Wyshynski bio". Blogs with Balls. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Hockey News finds Puck Daddy less influential than 99 others". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "About Greg Wyshynski". Greg Wyshynski dot com. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- "Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) | Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 2016-01-08.