Gregoire Lake Estates
Gregoire Lake Estates is a hamlet in northern Alberta, Canada within the Regional Municipality (R.M.) of Wood Buffalo. It is located on Highway 881, approximately 30 kilometres (19 mi) southeast of Fort McMurray.
On May 4, 2016 The hamlet was ordered to be evacuated due to the rapid spread of the wildfire.
As a designated place in the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, Gregoire Lake Estates recorded a population of 165 living in 62 of its 81 total private dwellings, a change of −12.2% from its 2011 population of 188. With a land area of 0.48 km2 (0.19 sq mi), it had a population density of 343.8/km2 (890.3/sq mi) in 2016.
The population of Gregoire Lake Estates in 2012 was 275 according to a municipal census conducted by the R.M of Wood Buffalo.
As a designated place in the 2011 Census, Gregoire Lake Estates had a population of 188 living in 70 of its 79 total dwellings, a -2.1% change from its 2006 population of 192. With a land area of 0.22 km2 (0.085 sq mi), it had a population density of 855/km2 (2,210/sq mi) in 2011.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- "Municipality Announces Mandatory Evacuations for Anzac, Gregoire Lake Estates and Fort McMurray First Nation". Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. May 4, 2016. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- "Municipal Census 2012: Count Yourself In!" (PDF). Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. p. 24. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 26, 2013. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
|This Northern Alberta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|