Albert Greig Woodring is retired Chief Executive Officer, President and Director of Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated.
Woodring began working as an actuary at United Insurance Company in Chicago, Illinois. He then joined General American Life Insurance Company in 1979 as an actuary and assumed responsibility for General American’s reinsurance business in 1986. General American’s reinsurance division led to the formation of Reinsurance Group of America, and Woodring led the company through its initial public offering in May 1993. Woodring retired as RGA Chief Executive Officer effective January 1, 2017 and was replaced by Anna Manning.
Woodring received a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Mathematics from the University of Michigan in 1973. He received a Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Mathematics from the University of Illinois in 1975, and he received an MBA from Washington University in St. Louis.
- "Greig Woodring". International Insurance Society. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "A. Greig Woodring". Reinsurance Group of America. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "RGA Names Anna Manning as President; Greig Woodring to Retire in 2016". St. Louis Post Dispatch. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "A Greig Woodring". Forbes. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Albert Greig Woodring". Market Watch. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Greig Woodring Elected Chairman of IIS Board of Directors". Yahoo News. Retrieved 30 December 2014.