Gremium Motorcycle Club
|Type||Outlaw motorcycle club|
Gremium Motorcycle Club is a German outlaw motorcycle club. Gremium claims to be the largest German motorcycle club with 73 full chapters in Germany, 71 chapters in other European countries, several associate chapters (Bad 7 MC support club) in Germany, and a prospect chapter opened by German expatriates in Pattaya, Thailand in 2007.[dead link] The club was established in 1972 in Mannheim.
The club colors are black and white, on the back patch appears the word "GREMIUM" and the name of the country with a fist rising through clouds. Often, the terms "Black Seven" and the number 7 are used: the word "Gremium" consists of seven letters, and "G" is the seventh letter in the alphabet.
Criminal investigations and sanctions
The society as a whole was prohibited on 10 November 1988 by the Ministry of the Interior of Baden-Württemberg as a criminal organization.
At the time of confrontation with the Mannheim judiciary, the bylaws were closely based on the Mannheim Studentenverbindung (student society or fraternity) "Hermunduria" in which the then President Michael "Mike" Heyer had been a member as a law student. Unaware of its origins, the prosecutor made accusations regarding forming a criminal association in addition to other offences. In subsequent criminal proceedings ordered by the District Court of Mannheim, the prosecution accused certain members of the club of crimes. The prosecutor, whose club informant turned out to be unreliable in court, had the charge of forming a criminal organization then fail.
On 16 January 1992, the club ban was lifted by the Administrative Court of Baden-Württemberg. Despite appropriate investigative efforts of the authorities, since it came only to convictions of individual members only and not as a renewed accusation against such a club.
Gremium is regularly listed among other large motorcycle clubs, for example in the Annual Report on the Protection of the Constitution on Bavaria. In these reports, the body, with other mentioned motorcycle clubs associated with it, is associated with human trafficking, illegal prostitution, drug and/or weapons trafficking and organized crime. According to the German Federal Criminal Police Office in 2010, there were five organized crime investigation with respect to Gremium.
- Bundeslagebild Organisierte Kriminalität 2010 (PDF) (in German), German Federal Criminal Police Office (Bundeskriminalamt), p. 19, retrieved 2013-02-27[permanent dead link]
- Official website, Gremium MC, retrieved 2013-02-26
- About us, Gremium MC Thailand, retrieved 2013-02-27
- Gremium MC history, Gremium MC, retrieved 2013-02-26
- Landesrecht BW Bürgerservice
- For example, Verfassungsschutzbericht Bayern 2005 Archived 2006-12-02 at the Wayback Machine., page 240–
- Sponsors, Black 7 Racing, archived from the original on November 20, 2012, retrieved 2013-02-27
- Thorsten Schmalenberg; Barbara Nabholz (2012). 40 Jahre Gremium MC. MIB-Handels GmbH. ISBN 3000377271. (at amazon.de)