|Products||snowboard gloves, outerwear, apparel, motocross gloves|
Grenade Gloves Inc is a manufacturer of snowboard gloves/mittens. Founded by professional snowboarders Matt and Danny Kass in 2001, the company specializes in a product line aimed at snowboarders and motocross riders: gloves, outerwear, apparel, footwear, and accessories. The company's headquarters are located in Portland, Oregon.
Grenade built its first glove in 2001 and has quickly expanded into a lifestyle image. The Grenade logo was added to a full line of streetwear, stickers, and accessories soon followed by technical snowboard outerwear. Collaborations have been a big part of Grenade's designs and expansion. They have had successful collaborations with The Metal Mulisha, Hart & Huntington, and Sullen. The growth and success of the Kass brothers' vision for a genuine snowboard product that had not lost touch with the consumer was evident in 2006 when Grenade Gloves generated $5.5 million in sales.
In 2008, Grenade broke into the footwear industry designing a wide variety of styles that brandish their popular logo.
Recently, Grenade has grown into the Motocross Industry and in 2010 created a full line of MX gloves, technical gear, and apparel.
In 2001, Grenade began when 2 time Olympic Medalist Danny Kass and his brother, who is also a professional snowboarder, Matt decided they could create an ultimate snowboard glove. They used grassroots marketing techniques and strategies to get their message out. The Grenade Glove logo was one of their biggest weapons: an image that they had liked since they were children and meshed perfectly with their consumer. "As kids we had an infatuation with G.I. Joe," said Danny.
Grenade went international in 2002 and became a global player in the snowboard industry. With Danny's 2 Olympic Silver Medals, 7 Winter X Medals, and 4 US Open Championships; Grenade's popularity grew along with Danny's. "Fame is good, but I just love to snowboard," he said. With Danny's popularity in the snowboard community at an all-time high, the Grenade Army was created for Grenade's most loyal followers.
The Grenade Army is a membership program designed to build a relationship between Grenade Gloves and snowboarders all over the world. It is a good way for the company to stay in touch with a loyal following of snowboarders and skaters. To be a member of the Grenade Army members pay a fee and receive Grenade products and access to the Grenade Army website in return. At the Grenade Army website, members can chat, buy exclusive products, and participate in missions that the Grenade Army "Generals" would give them. The Grenade Army member base is currently at 10,000 members.
In 2005, Grenade held its first Grenade Games at June Mountain, California. The Games, which consist of contest in super pipe, monster air, moguls, and dual slalom, draw from the amateur and professional ranks. The Grenade Games 1, 2, and 4 were held at June Mt. in 2005, 2006, and 2008 subsequently. In 2007 Grenade Games 3 was moved to Summit Snoqualmie, Washington. In 2009 and 2010 Grenade joined forces with Monster Energy to take Grenade Games 5 and 6 to Whistler Blackcomb in Whistler, British Columbia.
"We are proud to announce we are bringing The Grenade Games 5 to Whistler. With the biggest and baddest lineups ever this April, it is sure to be the best. The Grenade Games is a celebration of Snowboarding, music and everything else holy! VIVA la Games! Get ready to Ride...EH!"~Danny Kass
The Grenade Games moved to California's Bear Mountain in 2011 and hosted Grenade Games 7 with Monster Energy on March 25–27.
Grenade Gloves Inc went global in 2002 and The Grenade Games became an international event when it went to Korea in 2009 and 2010, creating one of the most popular snowboarding events in the world.
In 2010, Grenade Gloves and their CEO Joseph Condorelli were accused of copyright infringement by a Canadian photographer. The issue has yet to be resolved. 
- "Millionaires #4 & #5 - Business Opportunities Weblog". Business-opportunities.biz. 2007-04-18. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Grenade Inc Launches 2011 MX Gear". Motocross.transworld.net. 2010-10-04. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Matt and Danny Kass share their blueprint for the Grenade Revolution". SPN The Magazine. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Grenade To Launch Footwear Line". 5ones. 2008-10-06. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Ridin' sky high". Portlandtribune.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Danny Kass Snowboarder/Owner & President Of Grenade. "Danny Kass Profile - Bio - ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Grenade Inc". Grenade Gloves. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "The Show to replace Grenade Games at the World Ski and Snowboard Festival at Whistler in April - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. 2011-02-21. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "5th Annual Grenade Games In Whistler, B.C. | Lat34.com – Action Sports News and Video: Skateboarding , Snowboarding, BMX and Moto". Lat34.com. 2009-03-17. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "3rd Annual Grenade Games". Transworld Snowboarding. 2007-04-09.
- "Grenade Games coming to Whistler!". Shayboarder.com. 2009-02-03. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Grenade Games Six Grand Finale Wrap Up". Snowboarding.transworld.net. 2010-04-25. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Anderson, Tracy (2011-01-02). "null - ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Centi, John (2009-02-26). "Grenade Games Korea II". Snowboard Revolution. Archived from the original on 2011-07-16.
- Messervey, Chris (2010-07-22). "Me vs. Corporate America «". Chris Messervey Photography – Blog. Retrieved 2012-02-20.