Grenadians in the United Kingdom
|9,783 Grenadian-born (2001) *
Over 0.01% of the UK's population
30,000 (Grenadian ancestry, 2010)
|English (British English, Grenadian Creole)
|Related ethnic groups|
British African-Caribbean community
Caribbean British · Black British · Black African
Mulatto · Indo-Caribbean
* Please note that in 2001 only 40.4% of Afro-Caribbeans in the UK were actually born in the Caribbean, 59.6% were born elsewhere (of which 57.9% of the total ethnic groups population was born in the UK)
Grenadians in the United Kingdom are citizens or residents of the United Kingdom whose ethnic origins lie fully or partially in Grenada. 9,783 Grenadian-born people were recorded by the 2001 UK Census.
The following is an incomplete list of notable UK residents of Grenadian heritage:
- Jourdan Dunn- model also of Afro-Jamaican and Syrian descent
- Lewis Hamilton - racecar driver
- PW - rapper
- James Baillie (c. 1737–1793)
- Roger Michael - impresario in London
- Craig David - singer-songwriter
- Arthur Wharton - first black professional footballer in the UK
- Black British
- British Mixed
- British Indo-Caribbean community
- British African-Caribbean community
- Demographics of Grenada
- "Country-of-birth database". Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- "PM Thomas makes direct appeals to overseas nationals to invest at home". GIS. Retrieved 2010-08-05.
- National Statistics 2006
- "London's 1000 most influential people 2010: Night Owls". London Evening Standard. November 15, 2010. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
|This United Kingdom-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Grenada-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an ethnic group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|