Grenay is a commune in the Pas-de-Calais department in the Hauts-de-France region of France. It is part of the arrondissement of Lens, the canton of Wingles and the Communaupole de Lens-Liévin. Its population was 6,899 in 2013.
An ex-coalmining and light industrial town situated some 5 miles (8.0 km) northwest of Lens, at the junction of the D165 and the D58.
Historical population of Grenay, Pas-de-Calais
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.
Places of interest
- The church of Notre-Dame, dating from the eighteenth century.
- The church of St.Louise, dating from the twentieth century.
- The war memorial and the CWGC graves.
- An extremely old tree.
- ^ INSEE, geographic data for Grenay
- ^ INSEE, statistics data for Grenay