Grenoble School of Management
|Groupe École Supérieure de Commerce de Grenoble|
|Type||Private business school|
|Endowment||54 million Euros (2013)|
|Location||Grenoble, Rhône-Alpes, France
Grenoble École de Management is a business school founded in 1984 in Grenoble, France by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Grenoble. The Grenoble École de Management incorporates the Grenoble Graduate School of Business (GGSB) (as its internationally focused educational branch), the École Supérieure de Commerce (ESC) (the French branch that offers the traditional Grande École program), and the École de Management des Systèmes d'Information (EMSI) (specializing in Information Systems management). It has triple accreditation: EQUIS by the EFMD, AMBA, and the AACSB. In 2015, the school is ranked 6th nationwide and its Msc in Management (MIB program) is ranked 15th worldwide according to the Financial Times. Grenoble EM hosts a talent pool of students from various nationalities and cultures. It is situated in the Europole area, next to the World Trade Center of Grenoble.
The Grenoble École de Management is one of the few management schools worldwide awarded the prestigious "Triple Crown" (accreditations by EQUIS, AACSB, and AMBA) which distinguishes leading international institutions in business education. The school's DBA program is one of eight Doctoral programs in the world to be accredited by AMBA.
The Grenoble Ecole de Management offers the traditional program taught in the French "écoles supérieures de commerce", a Bachelor of International Business (BIB) and various undergraduate certificates. Including the renowned MBA, EMBA, and MIB, the 13 Master's level programs - delivered in English or French - emphasize innovation, technology and intercultural management.
The Doctoral programs have been running since 1989 and are delivered in Europe/France (Grenoble), USA, China, Switzerland, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Abu Dhabi. The PhD program has been launched in 2009 and is offered in four majors (marketing, finance, strategy and innovation management, and organizational theory).
Executive Education (2012): 50th (Worldwide)
Masters in Management (2012): 13th (Master in International Business Program at Grenoble Ecole de Management)
Masters in Finance pre-experience (2013): 7th
European Business School Rankings (2012): 21st
Full-time MBA (2011): 63rd (Worldwide), 20th (Europe)
Full-time MBA (2010): 50th (Worldwide)
Pedagogy and departments
Pedagogy at the Grenoble School of Management is organized by the academic research departments (Marketing, Management & Technology, Accounting, Law and Finance, Management and Behavior, Modern Languages & Foreign Cultures and Applied Learning) and is delivered through a mix of face-to-face lectures, excursions, projects, and e-learning - in either English or French language. There are many international exchanges of staff and students including a longstanding partnership with Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
GEM Altigliss Challenge
Grenoble École de Management is home to over 20 student associations, the biggest association being Altigliss. The GEM Altigliss Challenge is a student skiing and snowboarding competition which is organised annually by Altigliss. It is a week-long event that takes place in the resort of Val d'Isère and features over 1000 participants from Grenoble School of Management and 30 other French Grandes écoles.
Besides hosting a number of academic and applied research centers, GEM is part of various important national and international research initiatives such as MEDFORIST, GIANT, and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
- "Organization - Grenoble Business School, French Management School(MBA, MIB)". Grenoble-em.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Key Facts and Figures - Grenoble Business School, French Management School(MBA, MIB)". Grenoble-em.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Accréditation AACSB, EQUIS et AMBA - Accréditation Grenoble Ecole de Management". Grenoble-em.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "SearchBusinessSchool". mbaworld. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Programs in English: Masters in France (MSc, MBA)". Grenoble-em.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Doctoral School - Grenoble Business School, French Management School(MBA, MIB)". Grenoble-em.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- May 14, 2012 12:08 am (2012-05-14). "Top 50: The combined ranking". FT.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Masters in Management (2012)". Rankings.ft.com. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "Masters in Finance pre-experience (2012)". Rankings.ft.com. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "European Business School Rankings (2012)". Rankings.ft.com. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- Stay informed today and every day. "Which MBA?". The Economist. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- Grupo Expansión (2010-02-14). "Ranking:Los Mejores MBA en el mundo 2010 - Expansión". CNNExpansion.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- [dead link]
- "Rising Stars 2011". Findyourmba.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Academic Research - Grenoble Business School, French Management School(MBA, MIB)". Grenoble-em.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.