16 September 1989|
Hampstead, London, UK
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Partner(s)||Robert Montgomery artist|
Greta Bellamacina (born 16 September 1989) is a British poet, actress, model, and filmmaker.
Bellamacina was born in , London, England, and was raised in Camden. She attended RADA before attending King's College London where she graduated with a BA in English. She was short-listed as the Young Poet Laureate in 2013 and has since published her poetry internationally.
In 2015 Bellamacina launched a collection of contemporary British Love poetry which she edited and featured, published by Faber and Fortnum & Mason. She also launched the book in LA at the Chateau Marmont Hotel with poet Robert Montgomery.
Bellamacina wrote and directed a short film featuring Ezra Pound's 90-year-old daughter Mary de Rachewiltz entitled 'Ezra Pound: The Last Cantos’, which aired on National Poetry at the Soho Revue Gallery in London. Bellamacina named the opening night "National Poetry Day Who Gives a Fuck? " celebrating the importance of National Poetry Day with a series of live poetry performances.
Bellamacina as a library activist wrote and directed a documentary, about the rise and the decline of the British public library, "The Safe House: A Decline", released 2016 at The Gate Cinema, in Notting Hill. The documentary was inspired by her upbringing, where the library was a crucial space for her, introducing her to the works of Anne Sexton and Elizabeth Smart. The documentary explores the heritage and significance of the British Public Library, also questioning why such a historically important British institution is in dramatic decline in today's contemporary society. The film features intimate and personal stories from great British figures, including names such as Stephen Fry, Irvine Welsh, Bonnie Wright and John Cooper Clarke.
|2018||Indigo Valley||Jane||Bettye Katherine Edwards Films|
|2018||Hurt By Paradise||Celeste||HBP LTD, Emmyland Productions|
|2017||The Last Birthdays||Maria||Bettye Katherine Edwards Films|
|2017||Myths Not For Sale||Blaise||HBP LTD|
|2016||Romanic Love||Pregnant Sitter||Directed by Alex Franco|
|2014||A Surrealist Account After Dark||Ella||Natas Pictures, Dinamo Film|
|2013||San Fransisco Love Story||Willow||Directed by Jacob Perlmutter|
|2013||Blake's Wife||Caroline||Directed by Jacob Perlmutter|
|2010||Impossiable Feet||Barbie||BraineHownd Films|
|2005||Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire||Stephanie Turnip||Warner Bros|
Bellamacina began her modelling career after being discovered on a bus in Camden she was 16. She has appeared in fashion campaigns for And Other Stories, and AllSaints. In 2016, Bellamacina and her sister Cosima featured in a campaign shoot and film for Stella McCartney also featuring her poetry. She has walked in catwalk shows for Dolce & Gabbana
- Management, Viva Model. "Greta Bellamacina".
- ". King's College London
- Fitzmaurice, Rosie (6 July 2017). "Britain's next It girls according to Tatler". Business Insider. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- ". Mail on Sunday
- ". I-D Magazine
- "Stephen Fry defends 'life-saving' libraries as closures gather pace". London Evening Standard.
- Bellamacina, Greta (5 February 2016). "We can't lose public libraries – they're as crucial for students as ever". The Guardian.
- "The Safe House: Save our British Public Libraries". Harper's Bazaar. 24 July 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 August 2016. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- "Greta Bellamacina: exclusive interview".
- "Double Act: Cosima & Greta Bellamacina - Stella McCartney". 6 May 2016.
- . Zimbio. 22 September 2017 http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Greta+Bellamacina/Dolce+Gabbana+Secret+Show+Bar+Martini+Runway/EzlYPq5lgNs. Missing or empty
- Interview Magazine, "Greta Bellamacina's Modern Poetry", Interview .
- "I-D Magazine", young London poet greta bellamacina is on a mission to save Britain’s libraries, 6 February 2015 .
- Vogue Italia, An interview with Greta Bellamacina: poet, artist and model .
- Vogue UK, Poetry Corner, 10 July 2014 .
- I-D Magazine, fall in love with this collection of contemporary british love poetry .
- CR Fashion Book, A Surrealist Account: After Dark, Starring Greta Bellamacina .
- I-D Magazine, Watch the trailer for brand new documentary The Safe House: A Decline of Ideas exclusively on i-D.
- Harpers Bazaar UK, A SAN FRANCISCO LOVE STORY.
- Harpers Bazaar UK, IN CONVERSATION WITH VIVIENNE WESTWOOD.
- Purple.fr, Poet Greta Bellamacina at Hay Festival.