Baer is also known for her art cars, including the "Hill Car" which features a large portrait of Hillary Clinton on the hood of a 1989 Toyota, and the "Fortune Telling Lion". During the 2008 Presidential Campaign, Baer founded the Hillary Clinton Army, raising money for the presidential candidate.
Baer is known for her colorful oil paintings and her flamboyant art, political and musically themed events. She formerly ran the El-Change-O! art gallery in Bisbee, Arizona.
Books of Baer's work
- "Artists brighten up U.S.-Mexico border fence". Los Angeles Times. 2012-12-23. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Arizona artists 'bedazzle' border wall in binational art project". Latina Lista: News from the Latinx perspective. 2012-12-26. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Bisbee motorists turn cars into colorful canvases". USAToday.com. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "The Washington Post". Washington Post. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Gretchen Baer stands near her vehicle that is decorated with..." Getty Images. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Fortune Telling Lion Art Car by Gretchen Baer". www.artcaragency.com. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- Cole, Dana (November 5, 2007). "Does Hillary's biggest fan live in Bisbee? – Tucson Citizen Morgue, Part 1 (2006–2009)". tucsoncitizen.com. Retrieved 2020-03-30.