|Residence||New York, New York|
|Television||Project Runway Season 8 (Winner)|
During her run in Project Runway, Jones placed in the top two in the first three challenges, winning the first two. She was accused of manipulating and bullying her team during one of the challenges. Throughout the season, she admitted she got tired, and lost some of her inspiration. After struggling to regain her position at the top of the competition midway through the season, her collection at New York Fashion Week made her the winner of Season 8 in October 2010. The finale became memorable due to the longer than usual judging process and the heated debate between the judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia who were clearly in favor of Gretchen's collection and Heidi Klum and Jessica Simpson, favoring Mondo's collection over Gretchen's. She is regarded as the most controversial winner of the series since Project Runway's inception. Tim Gunn among others has been a vocal critic of the decision made by the judges.
- 'Project Runway' Recap: Season 8 Finale - And the Winner Is. Stylelist.com (2010-10-29). Retrieved on 2015-12-21.
- Tim Gunn Upset with Gretchen Jones and Team Luxe | Lifetime. YouTube (2010-08-27). Retrieved on 2015-12-21.
- Project Runway, Season 8 - Finale Pt. 2. Please Welcome Your Judges (2010-10-30). Retrieved on 2015-12-21.
- Gretchen Jones Sounds Off on Her "Project Runway" Win. myLifetime.com (2010-10-30). Retrieved on 2015-12-21.
- Tim Gunn Talks Smack About Gretchen Jones Winning “Project Runway”. The Frisky (2011-05-13). Retrieved on 2015-12-21.
Seth Aaron Henderson
|Project Runway Winner