Greyhound Mexico is a Mexican subsidiary of Dallas, Texas based Greyhound Lines, providing marketing services in Spanish, for other subsidiary companies with cross-border bus routes. Greyhound has three operating subsidiaries in the United States which provide service to destinations in northern Mexico: Valley Transit, serving the Texas-Mexico border; Crucero, serving southern California and Arizona into Mexico; and Autobuses Americanos, serving points in Mexico from Texas and New Mexico. Greyhound have also entered into an agreement with Grupo Estrella Blanca, the largest bus operator in Mexico, which will provide easier connections to many more destinations.
Valley Transit Company is a bus company serving South Central Texas and Northern Mexico with intercity, charter, tour and transit operations. The company is headquartered in Harlingen, in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, and was founded in 1941 by Vance D. Raimond, before being acquired by Greyhound in 1997. They also have same day and overnight package express service throughout Texas, and supply airport shuttle service from Valley International Airport, Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport and McAllen-Miller International Airport
Crucero is a bus company based in Phoenix, Arizona, with daily departures from Los Angeles, Hermosillo, Tijuana, Baja California, Nogales, Sonora, Nogales, Arizona, Tucson, Phoenix and Glendale. Greyhound acquired Crucero in 1997.
Americanos USA is a bus company based in Texas, with departures from Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Laredo, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, El Paso, Albuquerque, and Denver. Greyhound started the service in 1999.
- Greyhound Lines México
- About Greyhound
- Greyhound Launches International Ticketing With Grupo Estrella Blanca To Provide Seamless Connections Into Mexico; Grupo Estrella Blanca Tickets Available at Greyhound Locations
- "Greyhound Lines to Acquire Valley Transit to Strengthen Texas Border Bus Service". June 5, 1997. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- Valley Transit shipping services
- Valley Transit Company airport shuttle
- GREYHOUND LINES, INC.--ACQUISITION OF CONTROL--LOS RAPIDOS, INC.
- Greyhound Purchases 49 Percent Of Mexican Bus Company; Will Begin Service Between Mexico And Arizona
- Greyhound Creates Cross-Border Service From Texas To California