|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Source books||Monster Manual (3rd edition and v3.5)|
|First appearance||Monster Manual (3rd edition)|
In the Dungeons and Dragons fantasy role-playing game, the grick is an aberration. A grick resembles a large (roughly 8 feet long), darkly colored worm or snake-like creature. Its beak is ringed by four barbed tentacles, which are its main weapons.
Within the game, gricks are underground predators which make their hunting grounds where prey is abundant, using their dark coloration to blend into shadowed areas. When prey comes near, it lashes out with its tentacles. Due to the weakness of its jaws compared to the rest of its body, it prefers to drag ensnared prey back to its lair to be consumed at its own leisure rather than to immediately eat it. The grick's rubbery hide can absorb most blows from an attacker, but the beak, however, is a weak spot, as are the tips of the tentacles.
Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 edition (2000-2003)
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition (2003-2008)
Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition (2008-2014)
Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition (2014-)
The grick appears as a Common miniature in the Giants of Legend set for the Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Game. Another, different grick miniature was later released in the Dungeons of Dread set. The Dungeons of Dread miniature is blue, as opposed to the green coloration of the first one.
- The grick's entry at d20srd.org. Retrieved November 20, 2008.
- D&D Monster Finder: Grick details. Retrieved on November 20, 2008.
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Tactics and Tips: Know Your Enemies (Part 8). Retrieved on November 20, 2008.
- Perilous Gateways: Portals of the Moonstars. Retrieved November 20, 2008.
- Mearls, Mike, Stephen Schubert, and James Wyatt. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2008)
- Christopher, Perkins (2014). Monster Manual (5th ed.). Wizards of the Coast. p. 173. ISBN 978-0-7869-6561-8.
- D&D Miniatures Gallery: Giants of Legend Set. Retrieved November 20, 2008.
- D&D Miniatures Gallery: Dungeons of Dread. Retrieved on November 20, 2008.
- Image of Dungeons of Dread grick at Paizo.com. Retrieved November 20, 2008.
- Image of Giants of Legend grick at Paizo.com. Retrieved on November 20, 2008.
- Monsters (G) in the Revised (v.3.5)System Reference Document. Retrieved November 20, 2008.
- System Reference Document (June 17, 2008 update). Retrieved on November 20, 2008.