The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
8.3.4 / March 30, 2018
|License||Commercial proprietary software|
GridGain Systems is a privately held information technology company, established in 2007, with its headquarters located in Foster City, California. It provides software and services for big data systems by utilizing in-memory computing to increase data throughput and minimize latency.
In-memory processing uses high-performance, integrated and distributed memory systems to compute and transact on large-scale data sets in real-time. GridGain’s products are marketed for ACID-compliant high-volume transactions, real-time business intelligence, as well as hybrid transactional and analytical processing and for the Internet of things.
The US company was incorporated in 2011, founded by Nikita Ivanov and Dmitriy Setrakyan in Pleasanton, California. A funding round of $2 to $3 million was disclosed in November, 2011. By 2013 it was located in Foster City, California when it disclosed funding of $10 million. Sberbank of Russia announced they would use the technology, and led a $15 million funding round on February 18, 2016.
Products and services
GridGain Systems offers in-memory computing software and services solutions. The company also provides support, consulting and training for the Apache Ignite and GridGain in-memory computing platforms.
GridGain provides software built on the open source Apache Ignite project for the Java programming language, the .NET Framework and C++. In 2014, GridGain Systems donated their core code base to the Apache Software Foundation as the open source Apache Ignite project. The first release of Apache Ignite happened in early 2015, and it graduated from incubation in September 2015. For example, GridGain Enterprise Edition 7.5 corresponded to Apache Ignite 1.5 in February 2016.
- No. 187 on the Inc. 500 2017 
- DBTA 100: Top 100 Companies in Data Management Analysis 
- Red Herring Top 100 North America: Top 100 Global Award  in 2016
- DBTA The 100 Companies That Matter Most in Data in 2015 and 2016 
- AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Company winner in 2015  in 2015.
- AlwaysOn as an OnCloud Top 100 private companies winner in 2015  in 2015.
- AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Company winner in 2014  in 2014.
- Gartner Cool Vendor in In-Memory Computing Technologies, 2014  in 2014.
- Comparison of structured storage software
- Computer cluster
- Complex event processing
- Distributed hash table
- Distributed transaction processing
- Extreme Transaction Processing
- Grid computing
- Chris Mellor (February 15, 2016). "Thanks for the Extra Memories, Folks: Say Hi to GridGain". The Register. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- "Form D - Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities". United States Securities and Exchange Commission. November 8, 2011. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- "Form D - Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities". United States Securities and Exchange Commission. May 7, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- Katherine Noyes (May 31, 2016). "How Russia's oldest bank found itself on the leading edge of in-memory computing". Network World. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- George Leopold (February 18, 2016). "Russian Bank Funds In-Memory Vendor GridGain". DataMi. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- Daniel P. Dern (April 9, 2015). "GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric Becomes Apache Ignite". Paid article. Linux.com. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- Daniel Gutierrez (February 14, 2016). "GridGain Enterprise Edition 7.5 Increases Speed and Scalability of the In-Memory Data Fabric". Inside Big Data.
- "GridGain's Awards page has all awards listed".
- "2016 Top 100 North America: short-list". Red Herring. 2016-06-09.
- "DBTA 100 2015 - The Companies That Matter Most in Data". Database Trends and Applications. 2015-06-01.
- "DBTA 100 2016 - The Companies That Matter Most in Data". Database Trends and Applications. 2016-06-06.
- "Announcing the 2015 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies". AlwaysOn. 2015-08-11.
- "Announcing the 2015 OnCloud Top 100 private companies". AlwaysOn. 2015-02-25.
- "Announcing the 2014 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies". AlwaysOn. 2014-07-26.
- "Cool Vendors in In-Memory Computing Technologies, 2014". Gartner. 2014-04-30.
More promotional articles
- Gutierrez, Daniel (2015-03-25). "Benefits to SaaS Companies When Adopting an In-Memory Data Fabric". Inside BIGDATA.
- Webster, John (2015-01-29). "In-Memory Computing and the Emergence of Tier -1 Storage". Forbes.
- Kleinfeld, Abe (2015-01-15). "The Era of Big Data won't Materialize without Fast Data". Information Age.