From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with greis.
|Look up gries in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gries may refer to:
- Gries am Brenner, a municipality in Tyrol, Austria
- Gries, Bas-Rhin, a municipality in the department Bas-Rhin, France
- Gries im Sellrain, a municipality in Tyrol, Austria
- Gries, Germany, a municipality in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Gries (Graz), the 5th city district of Graz, Austria
- Gries-San Quirino (German: Gries-Quirein), a borough of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
- Gries Glacier (Griesgletscher), a 5 km long glacier (2005) situated in the Lepontine Alps in the canton of Valais in Switzerland
- Gries Pass, a mountain pass in the Alps, between Switzerland and Italy
- Corno Gries, a mountain in the Lepontine Alps on the Swiss -Italian border
Gries is also a surname derived from the Ancient Germanic word gris, meaning "gravel" or "stone".
- David Gries (born 1939), computer scientist at Cornell University
- Jon Gries (born 1957), American actor, writer and director
- Peter Gries, Harold J. & Ruth Newman Chair in US-China Issues and Director of the Institute for U.S.-China Issues
- Theo Gries (born 1961), German football coach and a retired player
- Tom Gries (1921–1977), American TV and film director, writer and producer
- Roger William Gries (born 1937), American Catholic bishop
- Stefan Th. Gries (born 1970), (Full) Professor of Linguistics at the University of California, Santa Barbara
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gries.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.