Text Publishing for Griffith University (Australia)
|2003 to present|
Griffith Review is a quarterly publication featuring essays, reportage, memoir, fiction, poetry and artwork from established and emerging writers and artists. Each edition focuses on a contemporary theme, enabling pertinent issues to be aired and discussed in a public forum. The publication was founded in 2003. It was founded and developed by Griffith University, and initially published by ABC Books. In 2009, Text Publishing became the Review's publishing partner and distributor.
- 2007 Victorian Premier's Literary Award - Alfred Deakin Prize for an Essay Advancing Public Debate was awarded to Frank Moorhouse for "The Writer in a time of terror", published in Griffith Review 14: The Trouble With Paradise
- 2007 Walkley Award for Excellence in Journalism
- 2013 Walkley Award for Excellence in Journalism
- Winner for the Coverage of Indigenous Affairs category - Kathy Marks for her reportage piece "Channelling Mannalargenna", published in Griffith Review 39: Tasmania – The Tipping Point?
- Winner for the Long Feature Writing category - Melissa Lucashenko for her reportage piece "Sinking below sight", published in Griffith Review 41: Now We Are Ten
- 2014 Human Rights Awards - journalist and editor Peter Mares was shortlisted for the Print and Online Award for his piece "Refuge without work", published in Griffith Review 45: The Way We Work.
- "Literary Magazines Australia". Australia Council for the Arts. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Griffith Review". Griffith Review. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Griffith Review". Text Publishing.
- Cica, Natasha (2003), "Griffith Review: Insecurity in the New World Order", The Sydney Morning Herald, 24 October 2003.
- O'Grady, Stephen (8 January 2014). "Tribute to Dr Margaret Mittelheuser AM DUniv". Griffith University. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "Griffith Review and Text Publishing announce new literary partnership 07.04.2009". Text Publishing. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "The Alfred Deakin Prize for an Essay Advancing Public Debate: Winner 2007". State Library of Victoria. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Walkley Award Winners: Kathy Marks". The Walkley Foundation. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Walkley Award Winners: Melissa Lucashenko". The Walkley Foundation. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Journalists shortlisted for Human Rights Awards". Australian Human Rights Commission. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "A revealed life: Australian writers and their journeys in memoir". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Moorhouse, Frank. "Pleasure dome in Paradise". The Courier Mail. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "About - Griffith Review". Griffith Review. Retrieved 16 January 2015.