From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dairy factory in 2011
|Population (1 January 2008)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Railway Station: Grijpskerk
- Hendrik Drogt (1920-1944), resistance hero of Second World War. As member of the Dutch military police, refused assisting the deportation process. Facing deportation himself, he became key in smuggling several people from the Nazi repression, until his capture and martyrdom.
- Roelof Kruisinga (born 1922), politician (Christian Historical Union and Christian Democratic Appeal)
- Dirk Scheringa (born 1950), founder of DSB Bank, chairman of Dutch Eredivisie club AZ Alkmaar and politician (Christian Democratic Appeal)
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- Media related to Grijpskerk at Wikimedia Commons
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Grijpskerk". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This Groningen location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|