Grinnell Regional Airport
|Grinnell Regional Airport|
|Owner||City of Grinnell|
|Elevation AMSL||1,008 ft / 307 m|
Grinnell Regional Airport (ICAO: KGGI, FAA LID: GGI), known locally as Billy Robinson Field, is a city-owned public-use airport located one mile (2 km) south of the central business district of Grinnell, a city in Poweshiek County, Iowa, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, which categorized it as a local general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Grinnell Regional Airport covers an area of 115 acres (46.5 ha) at an elevation of 1008 feet (307 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway: 13/31 is 5,200 by 75 feet (1,585 x 23 m) with a grooved concrete surface, it also has approved precision instrument approaches.
For the 12-month period ending September 27, 2016, the airport had 5,950 aircraft operations: all general aviation. In December 2017, there were 14 aircraft based at this airport: 13 single-engine and 1 multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GGI ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. effective December 7, 2017.
- "Airport, Grinnell, IA - Official Website". www.grinnelliowa.gov. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 5 February 2017. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Airport page at City of Grinnell website
- Grinnell Regional Airport from the Iowa DOT Aviation System Plane
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GGI, effective October 11, 2018
- Resources for this airport: