|Country of origin||Italy|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Original release||1964 –|
Grisù il draghetto is an animated Italian television series whose title character is Grisù, a dragon.
The character was created by the Italian brothers Nino and Toni Pagot (best known as the creators of Calimero). It first appeared in a 1964 black-and-white animated series of commercial shorts for the Mentafredda Caremoli candies, part of the television program Carosello. A television series consisting of 52 episodes with the adventures of Grisù aired for the first time in 1972. The character also named a series of book for children.
The protagonist of the series is a young dragon named Grisù that, despite being the youngest of a large breed of dragons, the Draconis, dreams of becoming a firefighter.
On November 18, 2020, it was announced that a CGI revival of the series is currently in the works.
- Czech Republic
- ČT1 (at this time as ČST1)
- Jednotka (also at this time as ČST1, but it was broadcast in Slovak)
- South Africa
- Arab League
- Various regional channels in the Arab League countries
- United States
In Italy, the entire 52-episode main show was released in a 13-volume DVD series.
In Germany, ARD Home Video released Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, and Volume 4 on October 7, 2003.
- Marco Giusti (2004). Il grande libro di Carosello. Frassinelli, 2004. ISBN 8876847855.
- Giorgio Vasta (27 January 2011). Die Glasfresser. DVA, 2011. ISBN 978-3641053208.
- Daniel Valentin Simion (2009). Il Dizionario dei Cartoni Animati. Anton, 2009. ISBN 9788890390227.
- "ZDF, Toon2Tango fly with new series".