|Products||Dance Shoes, Wear & Accessories|
Number of employees
Grishko Ltd. (Russian: Гришко) is a privately held manufacturer of dance shoes, wear and accessories. The company was founded in 1989 by Nikolai Grishko in Moscow, Russia. It is an international company with four factories in Europe and sales in over 70 countries. The company began as a pointe shoe manufacturer and now produces many types of dance shoes and wear.
Shortly after starting the company in the early 1990s, many of the theatre workshops in Russia were forced to close and Nikolai recruited the master craftsmen from these theatre workshops to work with him. Nikolai also recruited the only person to date to have a PhD in ballet shoe technology and mechanics. As of 2014, the company consists of four factories in Europe, a flagship store in Moscow Russia and over 500 employees, including 76 people with registered disabilities.
Grishko pointe shoes are handmade using all natural materials and tested by professional dancers. Grishko has developed several pointe shoe innovations such as using nano-technology to improve foot health, working with navy acoustics labs to reduce noise on stage and collaborating with a laboratory of starch products to develop better glues.
Grishko's footwear line includes shoes for pointe, ballet, ballroom, jazz, acro, contemporary, gymnastics, character and theatre. The pointe shoes are based on four main shapes, called "lasts" - the Grishko 2007, the Fouette, the Vaganova and the Elite. Grishko currently offers 25 different models of pointe shoes. The most recent pointe shoe added to the line is based on the Grishko 2007 last and is called the DreamPointe.
The dancewear line includes leotards for ballet and gymnastics, warm-up boots, tights, stage costumes, knitwear, fitness, yoga, pilates and general active lifestyle wear. The Grishko dancewear workshop handcrafts intricate tutus, costumes and shoes. The company also produces dance accessories, such as toe pads, bags, ribbons, elastics and overlays.
- McCarthy, Daniel J.; Puffer, Sheila M.; Vikhanski, Oleg S.; Naumov, Alexander I. (2005). "Russian Managers in the New Europe: Need for a New Management Style" (PDF). Organizational Dynamics. 34: 235. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "Russian Ballet Shoes Leave Their Footprint in the West". The Moscow Times. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Busy Hands". Passport Magazine. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- Hromova, Anna (8 April 2008). "Встать на пуанты" [Literally on Your Toes] (in Russian). Российская газета. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- "Пуанты и поклонники" [Profile of a Grishko Craftsman]. Коммерсантъ Деньги (in Russian). 28 May 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- Levshina, Natalia (23 April 2008). "Встать на пуанты" [On Your Toes: How pointe shoes are made]. Metro News (in Russian). Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- Amy Brandt (July 2012). "From Russia With Love". Dance Retailers News.
- "В Академии русского балета вводят школьную форму" [New Uniform of the Vaganova Academy]. Vesti (in Russian). 29 April 2014. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Diana Vishneva Dancewear Line". Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Amy Adams and Tim Burton Reimagine The Red Shoes". Vogue. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Vogue Russia: Red Lady". Vogue Russia. October 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Vogue Russia: Patrick's Favourites". Vogue Russia. October 2012.
- "Ralph Lauren Window Displays feat. Grishko". Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Two Russian Galas – Dance Open in St. Petersburg, Soul of Dance in Moscow".