||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)|
Grizz Chapman at the 2009 SAG Awards
April 15, 1974 |
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Residence||New York, New York|
|Spouse(s)||Diana Chapman (m. 2002)|
Grizzwald "Grizz" Chapman (born April 15, 1974) is an American television actor best known for his recurring role as Grizz on the NBC series 30 Rock. A June 2007 interview with rollingout.com lists Chapman's height as 7'0" (213 cm). In his commentary for the episode "Tracy Does Conan," Tracy Morgan revealed that they met when Chapman was working as a bouncer at a strip club. Chapman and fellow actor Kevin Brown were featured in season six on an episode of Hidden Potential.
Chapman received a kidney transplant in July 2010. The actor suffers from severe hypertension and had been undergoing dialysis treatments prior to the transplant. Due to his battle with his kidney disease, on March 31, 2010, Chapman signed on to be a spokesperson for the National Kidney Foundation.
Chapman has created his own series of YouTube videos known as "Grizz Chroniclez" featuring him in variety sketches. He is currently in production with writers Sam Morgan and Chadwick Prima for his own series called The Lair, based on the comic store Chapman owns in the Bronx.
- "Episode Synopsis". hgtv.com.
- Huffington Post (August 4, 2010). "30 Rock Actor Grizz Chapman Gets A New Kidney, Speaks Up For Organ Donation". Huffingtonpost.com.
- National Kidney Foundation. "30 Rock Star Sounds Alarm for Silent Disease, Signs on as Spokesperson for National Kidney Foundation.". Kidney.org.
- The Night Before Grizzmas. YouTube. 24 December 2012.
- "NYCC - 30 Rock's Grizz Chapman On His Career & His Boo Liz Lemon - Spinoff Online - TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily". Spinoff Online - TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily.
- Russ Burlingame. "30 Rock's Grizz Chapman Braces for the End, Prepares for His Next Step". Comicbook.com.