||This article possibly contains original research. (February 2014)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2011)|
Grizzly is an American brand of dipping tobacco (moist snuff) that was introduced in 2001 and currently made by the American Snuff Company. It is available in pouches, Fine Cut, Long Cut, Wide Cut, and Extra Long Cut.
Grizzly was launched in 2001 at a lower price point and was originally available in Long Cut Wintergreen (Green tin) and Fine Cut Natural (Red tin). By the end of 2006, Long Cut Straight (Maroon tin), Long Cut Mint (Blue tin), Long Cut Natural (Silver tin) and Fine Cut Wintergreen (Olive tin) were also introduced. Snuff and Wintergreen Pouches were released in 2008, and also began an attempt to change its market position into a premium brand. Metal lids became standard in 2010, replacing the previous all-plastic cans. Wide Cut Wintergreen was released in 2014 after a test run in Indiana, and Dark Wintergreen Long Cut and Pouches were released in 2015 after also being test marketed in Indiana.
As of December 2014, Grizzly was cited as the flagship brand of Reynolds American with a 31.1% market share in snuff brands.
- Grizzly Snuff
- Grizzly Fine Cut Natural
- Grizzly Long Cut (formerly Long Cut 1900)
- Grizzly Extra Long Cut Natural
- Grizzly Snuff Pouches
- Grizzly Long Cut Straight
- Grizzly Straight Pouches
- Grizzly Long Cut Mint
- Grizzly Mint Pouches
- Grizzly Fine Cut Wintergreen
- Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen (also available in the "Big Can", 6 cans in 1, beginning August 5, 2015 in selected areas)
- Grizzly Wintergreen Pouches
- Grizzly Wide Cut Wintergreen
- Grizzly Long Cut Dark Wintergreen (robust, fire-cured tobacco)
- Grizzly Dark Wintergreen Pouches
- October 4, 2011 (2011-10-04). "Grizzly MST Brand Celebrates 10th Anniversary - Convenience Store Decisions". Csdecisions.com. Retrieved 2014-02-11.