|Elevation||878 m (2,881 ft)|
|Prominence||670 m (2,200 ft)|
|Isolation||101 kilometres (63 mi)|
|Pronunciation||German: [ˈɡʁoːsɐ ˈfɛltbɛɐ̯k]|
The Feldberg/Taunus transmitter mast is set at the top of the mountain. A lookout tower affords long-distance views onto the Taunus hills to the North and West and over and beyond the Rhein-Main plain to the South and East. A restaurant and a small hut offer food and drinks.
There is considerable uncertainty over the exact height of the Großer Feldberg, because the height given in the various sources varies, sometimes by up to several metres.
- At the summit is the Feldberg summit cross including the summit register and information board with the summit height ( ).
- The Geoportal of the Hessian State Office for Regional Management and Geo-information (Hessische Landesamt für Bodenmanagement und Geoinformation), gives the following heights in its online maps:  on the H200 map of Hesse, on the PG50 and PG25 graphical maps and on the TK25 topographic map.
- The Geoportal of the BfN gives the following heights in its online maps: at map scale 1:500,000, at 1:250,000, 1:100,000, 1:50,000 and 1:25,000, and at 1:10,000 and 1:5,000.
- Laser scanning data gave the Feldberg a height of .
- In the literature other heights are given, such as  .
Tourism and Facilities
The treeless summit of the Großer Feldberg and the surrounding forests are a popular destination for motorbikers and cyclists in the summer, tobogganers and cross-country skiers in winter, and hikers year-round. Two small rope tow ski lifts are located on the North and West slopes of the mountain at the village of Oberreifenberg, and a larger ski lift used to extend up the North slope almost to the summit until the 1980s. The former lift track is popular with tobogganers.
The summit is easily reached from Frankfurt in approximately 30 minutes via roads from Oberursel, Königstein or by bus from these towns. On weekends crowds and a lack of parking spaces near the top are a common sight.
- Hessenviewer by the Hessian State Office for Land Management and Geoinformation (Hessisches Landesamt für Bodenmanagement und Geoinformation) with land registry maps
- Hessenviewer, Hessenkarte H200, beim Hessischen Landesamt für Bodenmanagement und Geoinformation, auf geoportal.hessen.de
- Taunus und Umgebung u. a. mit Großem Feldberg, beim Bundesamt für Naturschutz, auf geodienste.bfn.de
- Hessisches Landesamt für Bodenmanagement und Geoinformation, Auskunft am 23. April 2012
- Alexander Stahr, Birgit Bender: Der Taunus – Eine Zeitreise (2007)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Großer Feldberg.|