|Birth name||Gro Schibsted Sandvik|
|Born||1942 (age 72–73)|
|Genres||Contemporary, classical music|
Gro Schibsted Sandvik (born 1942) is a Norwegian flautist.
Sandvik is a member of the Bergen Woodwind Quintet and served as solo flutist in the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra from 1967 until 2005. She has an active career as soloist and chamber music performer, which includes premier performances of many works written especially for her, and the Scandinavian premier of John Corigliano's Concerto for Flute. She had private studies with Marcel Moyse.
She holds a professorship in music performance at the Grieg Academy, University of Bergen. She was a visiting professor at the University of Iowa, School of Music for the academic year 2006/2007.
Discography (in selection)
- With Stein-Erik Olsen
- 1986: Double Delight (Bergen Digital Studio)
- 1994: Diptych (Simax Classics)
- 2010: L'Espace Entre Nous, composed by Noel Zahler
- "Profiles". Bergen Woodword Quartet web site. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "Gro Schibsted Sandvik Biography". Grappa.no. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- Habbestad, Ida (5 February 2007). "Gro Sandvik og Einar Røttingen på skandinavisk festival i USA". Ballade.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "Norwegian Musicians Will Present Recitals, Master Classes At UI Feb. 12-14". News Releases University of Iowa. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Gro Sandvik Discography" (in Norwegian). Retrieved 18 June 2013.
|This article about a Norwegian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a flautist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|