Grobari Jug - Undertakers South
|Type||Supporters' group, Ultras group|
|Motto||The others are cheered, but Partizan is loved!|
|Colors||Black and White|
Grobari (Serbian Cyrillic: Гробари, English: Gravediggers or Undertakers) are the organized supporters group of the Serbian football club Partizan Belgrade. They are one of two major football fan groups in Serbia. They generally support all clubs within the Partizan Sports Society, and mostly wear black and white symbols, which are the club's colors.
Today, Grobari consist of three main groups: Južni Front, Grobari 1970 and Zabranjeni, with various subgroups form the three larger ones.
First groups of organized Partizan fan supporters began to visit the JNA stadium in the late 1950s. Those were mainly young men from Belgrade, and they occupied southern stands of the stadium. In those times, support was expressed by loud singing as well as polling of referees and opposite team's players.
Partizan's participation in the European Cup final in 1966 attracted much more fans to the stadium, and is considered to be the crucial moment of the organized fans moving to a south stand of the stadium where they are gathering up to this day. Steady group by the Grobari name was formed in 1970. and during the following decade, as well as all over Europe, Grobari started bringing fan equipment to the stadiums such as flares, supporting scarfs, banners and flags (in the late 70's), which gave a whole new aspect to the sport club supporting.
By the 1980s, Grobari were one of the largest and most organized fan groups in SFR Yugoslavia and began out-marching to all of Partizan's matches across the country and Europe. Because of their expressed hooliganism toward other club's supporters in those times, fans who represented the core of the Grobari firm were often referred to as a "punishment expedition". In 1987, Grobari in Toronto formed a group under the name of Gravediggers Canada 1987. During the Serbian SuperLiga league fixture on March 2, 2013 at home against FK Donji Srem, Grobari unfurled a banner in memory of Spomenko Gostić as it was almost twenty years since his death.
In 1999, there was a big split when the newly formed fan group named Južni Front (Southern Front) accused several top members of the Grobari 1970 organization for abusing their privileges, and the club itself for favorising those individuals. Grobari 1970 were actually accused of manipulating with the money given by the club for organizing fan support. Several hundred members of Južni Front left the traditional south stand and occupied the north stand of the stadium. The split lasted for a few years until 2005, when the fans settled their differences.
Revolted by Partizan being eliminated from the Champions League qualifications, followed by elimination from the first round of the UEFA cup and from the national cup competition by a third division team, as well as poor results in the domestic league (all at the start of the 2005/06 season), Grobari declared a complete boycott of all Partizan football club matches. Several thousand supporters gathered in September 2005 in front of the club stadium and publicly accused sports director Nenad Bjeković and general secretary Žarko Zečević of tampering with the club's operating budget and transfer policy in order to line their own pockets. On this occasion, they also reminded the public of some previous club officials' machinations.
They demanded club management resignations as a condition for getting back to the stadium stands. Grobari repeated the massive gathering and reiterated their demands in October 2005 in front of the national theatre in downtown Belgrade where Partizan's officials were celebrating the club's 60th year anniversary. Both city football derbies between Red Star and Partizan in the 2005/06 season were played without traditional support toward Partizan from the south stands. Although these matches used to gather up tens of thousands and even more fans to the stadiums, the infamous record was established this season when there was only a few thousand spectators on the Partizan stadium, since the rival fans also agreed to boycott the derby (but for other reasons).
After certain changes in the club board, Grobari decided to stop boycotting. On May 26, 2007 they returned to the stadium for a Superliga match against Mladost Apatin which Partizan won 7-1, however they kept on singing insulting songs about Partizan's sports director and general secretary.
By the end of the year both Bjeković and Zečević resigned from their positions.
Ban from Europe
In 2007/08 UEFA cup, Partizan Belgrade was disqualified from further competition because of football hooliganism against Zrinjski Mostar. Grobari traveled in numbers to Mostar where they fought with the police and also Zrinjski fans. Partizan won the tie 11–1 on aggregate.
Split in 2011
In late August, 2011 another split among Grobari occurred. A faction of fans calling themselves Zabranjeni (The Forbidden) accused the club board of denying them entrance to the stadium. They are also in disagreement with some other Grobari subgroups, primarily Alcatraz. They attend the games of other teams from Partizan Sport Society, such as ice hockey or women's basketball teams. In November, small group was on the match against Borac Čačak. In 2012 they started attending Partizan football games on the east stand.
Notable fans are: President of Republika Srpska Milorad Dodik, former Serbian Prime Minister Ivica Dačić, tennis players Ana Ivanovic and Viktor Troicki, swimmer Milorad Čavić, basketball player Dejan Bodiroga, athletes Milica Mandić and Asmir Kolašinac, filmmakers Emir Kusturica, Boris Malagurski and Srđan Dragojević, playwright Dušan Kovačević, writers Duško Radović and Prvoslav Vujčić, actors Mija Aleksić, Rade Šerbedžija, Bora Todorović, Dragan Bjelogrlić, Sergej Trifunović, Zoran Cvijanović, Bogdan Diklić and Katarina Radivojević along with musicians Cane Kostić, Nele Karajlić, Dragoljub Đuričić and Eddy Grant.
- Gravediggers Canada 1987 (2016-02-10). "Gravediggers Canada 1987". Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- Podrška Juga video
- http://www.srpskatribina.net/saopstenje-frakcije-grobara-zabranjeni/ Saopštenje frakcije Grobara „zabranjeni“
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddSD5D3QfV8 Забрањени, хокеј Партизан-Триглав 1.10.2011.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaN4RmdcOig ZABRANJENI Grobari \\ жкк ПАРТИЗАН - жкк Хемофарм \\ ЗАБРАЊЕНИ !!!
- "Dodik: Navijanje za Partizan ne znači negiranje Zvezde". zurnal.rs. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Dačić: Drago mi je da sam deo Partizanove istorije". sportske.net. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Ana "grobarka"!". sportske.net. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- "Viktor Troicki "poludeo" zbog Partizana". mondo.rs. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- http://www.mondo.rs/v2/tekst.php?vest=143086 Čavić uz Partizan, Higl uz Zvezdu
- http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.72.html:314033-Bodiroga-Slava-Bogu-za-sve-sto-mi-je-dao Bodiroga: 'Slava Bogu za sve što mi je dao'
- "Милица Мандић: Користим сваку прилику да гледам Партизан". zurnal.rs. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Asmir Kolašinac: Neću da pevam himnu Srbije!". kurir-info.rs. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Kusturica: Za Partizan – i kravata i frizura". mondo.rs. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- Ekskluzivni intervju sa Borisom Malagurskim za Partizan.net
- http://www.pulsonline.rs/pitajte-poznate/7590/srdjan-dragojevic-nisam-gej-imam-cetvoro-dece-i-hetero-vezu Pitajte poznate: Srđan Dragojević
- http://www.sr.partizan.rs/64192-promocija-knjige-o-momcilu-moci-vukoticu/ 'Desetka Moci Vukotiću'
- Urban Book Circle (2015-03-09). "Partizan se voli ~ Prvoslav Vujčić, Duško Radović i GROBARI". Retrieved 2015-12-02.
- http://www.vesti-online.com/Stampano-izdanje/06-02-2011/Sport/115238/Mija-i-Ckalja-kao-ljuti-rivali/print 'Mija i Čkalja kao ljuti rivali'
- http://dnevnik.hr/showbizz/film-tv/rade-serbezdija-ja-sam-navijao-za-partizan-a-danilo-za-hajduk.html Rade Šerbedžija: 'Ja sam navijao za Partizan, a Danilo za Hajduk'
- http://www.sportske.net/vest/domaci-fudbal/bora-todorovic-o-krizi-u-partizanu-valjda-ce-preovladati-razum-63232.html Bora Todorović o krizi u Partizanu: "Valjda će preovladati razum..."
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Zz0SVQaZo Sergej Trifunovic, gost 22. epizode emisije Moljac, part 4
- http://www.pressonline.rs/sport/ostali-sportovi/112125/partizan-silno-do-fajnal-fora.html Partizan silno do fajnal-fora
- http://www.vreme.rs/cms/view.php?id=884233 Magični Mirko, Mile i Teja Kralj
- http://www.balkanmedia.com/katarina-radivojevic-u-novu-godinu-sa-verom-u-sebe-cl3107.html Katarina Radivojević: U novu godinu sa verom u sebe
- http://mondo.rs/a757127/Sport/Fudbal/Nele-Karajlic-o-FK-Partizan-i-ulozi-u-Upravnom-odboru.html Dr Nele: Nemamo pesmu da opiše stanje u Partizanu
- http://www.tvarenasport.com/vesti/84345-dragoljub-djuricic-podrzi-partizan Dragoljub Đuričić podržao akciju RK Partizana
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYhOccEGiSY Eddy Grant – the fan of Partizan Belgrade
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Grobari.|