New South Wales
The town of Grong Grong
|Population||391 (2011 census)|
|Elevation||162 m (531 ft)|
Grong Grong / / is a small town that is located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. The town is situated on the Newell Highway, 23 kilometres (14 mi) east of Narrandera in the Shire of Narrandera.
Like many rural localities in the area, the population level has progressively declined over a number of years, evidenced as follows:
|Selected historical census data for Grong Grong state suburb|
|Population||Estimated residents on Census night||unavailable||537||391|
The town has a railway station on the Hay branch off the Main South Line. However, the line has closed so with it has the station. Only part of the line is used by a weekly passenger train to Griffith which does not stop at the station. Grong Grong can be accessed by coaches that stop at the town on the way to Hay and Mildura.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Grong Grong (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Reed, A. W. Place Names of Australia. Forestville, NSW: Reed Books. p. 110. ISBN 0-589-07115-7.
- "Search: Grong Grong". Geoscience Australia. Australian Government.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Grong Grong (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 29 September 2009.
- "Post office list". Premier postal history. Retrieved 11 June 2009.
Media related to Grong Grong, New South Wales at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||NSW Branch lines||Following station|