(Redirected from Grooming)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up groom, groomer, or grooming in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A groom (short for bridegroom) is a male participant in a wedding ceremony.
Groom may also refer to:
- The Groom, a 2016 Russian comedy film
- Groom (profession), a person responsible for the feeding and care of horses
In the English/British Royal Household
- Groom of the Stool (later styled Groom of the Stole) - the senior nobleman in attendance in the King's Bedchamber.
- Groom of the Chamber - a rank of courtier in the Tudor royal court
- Groom of the Privy Chamber - a junior nobleman in attendance in the Chamber.
- Groom of the Bedchamber (later styled Groom in Waiting) - a junior nobleman in attendance in the King's Bedchamber.
- Groom of the Great Chamber - a junior nobleman in attendance (who would customarily also serve as King's Messenger).
- Groom of the Robes
- Groom Lake (salt flat), a geographic feature of the United States Military Area 51
- Groom Range, a mountain range in Nevada
- Division of Groom, a Commonwealth Electoral Division in Queensland, Australia
- Groom, Texas, a town in Carson County, Texas, United States, location of the second largest cross in the western hemisphere
The verb to groom may refer to:
- Child grooming, befriending a child, in the negative context of preparing them to accept abusive behavior
- Abusive power and control, grooming in any context using manipulative tactics to facilitate compliance of an abusive purpose.
- Personal grooming, or preening, in humans and animals, a hygienic activity (caring for physical appearance)
- Dog grooming, the care provided for a dog's physical appearance (especially its coat and nails), or specific work done to enhance its appearance for a show
- Horse grooming, the daily hygienic care provided for horses, or specific work done on the horse to enhance its physical appearance for a show
- Social grooming, grooming between animals and people who live in proximity, helping bond and reinforce social structures
- Snow grooming, the process of preparing snow for recreational uses, such as skiing
- Traffic grooming, a technical activity in telecommunications
- Product backlog refinement, preparing a prioritised requirements list in agile software development
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Groom.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.