GrooveLily is an American musical trio based in New York City notable for creative songwriting in different pop genres, such as rock, folk, jazz, and show tune. The band consists of Valerie Vigoda and Brendan Milburn along with Gene Lewin. A report in the New York Times in 2004 described the group as an "up and coming trio". GrooveLily was founded by Valerie Vigoda, according to Variety.
A review of their 2006 performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream described their show as having “plenty of fun” with “original music” from GrooveLily, but noted problems with acoustics. In 2008, Milburn & Vigoda wrote seven musical numbers for the Disney Wonder cruise ship production of Toy Story: The Musical. In 2002 (and in subsequent years, opening off-Broadway in 2006), GrooveLily performed a holiday musical entitled Striking 12. A Washington Post reviewer described it as an “engaging concert-style entertainment” and fusion of “cabaret act and chamber musical”. Milburn & Vigoda wrote the book, music and lyrics along with Rachel Sheinkin. Variety gave Striking 12 a mixed review, criticizing the show for “lame wit” but which had “moments of beauty,” and that the overall “politeness hinders the supposedly rebellious humor.”
After years of very few GrooveLily performances, the band came together to write and perform a musical called "Wheelhouse" about their earlier touring career on the road in a Winnebago and why they basically stopped touring because of that experience. The show premiered at TheatreWorks Silicon Valley June 6, 2012. 
- Phil Gallo, March 6, 2008, Variety, ‘Toy Story’ musical debuts at sea, Accessed Sep 13, 2013
- Mark Blankenship, December 7, 2007, Variety, Cabaret thrives during Christmas, Accessed Sep 13, 2013
- Peter Marks,December 07, 2009, Washington Post, Striking 12: A warm fusion of fable and wit, Accessed Sep 13, 2013
- Don Aucoin, December 15, 2010, Boston Globe, Music, theater, seasonal antidote, Accessed Sep 13, 2013
- Note: vocals, violin
- Note: vocals and keyboards
- Note: vocals and drums
- Peter Filichia/For The Star-Ledger Peter Filichia, The Newark Star-Ledger, May 6, 2011, 'Sleeping Beauty' review: Classic finds new life in a thoroughly modern musical, Accessed Sep 12, 2013
- Peter Filichia, The Newark Star-Ledger, April 1, 2010, The McCarter Theatre Center's 2010-2011 season will be its boldest in years, Accessed Sep 12, 2013, ... provided by GrooveLily’s Brendan Milburn and Valerie Vigoda....
- TAMMY LA GORCE, Sept. 12, 2004, The New York Times, A Moderate Wind at Open-Mike Night, Accessed Sept. 12, 2013, ...the up-and-coming duo GrooveLily performed recently...
- Mark Blankenship, November 13, 2006, Variety, Review: “Striking 12”, Accessed Sep 13, 2013
- Toby Zinman, March 28, 2006, Variety, Review: A Midsummer Night's Dream, Accessed Sep 13, 2013
- Joel Brown, December 3, 2010, Boston Globe, A new-fangled New Year’s story, Accessed Sep 13, 2013
- "GrooveLily". GrooveLily. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
|Inhabit My Heart||1994||QMR Records||GrooveLily|
|Jungle & Sky||1996|
|Brendan & The Extenuating Circumstances||1998|
|Just The Three Of Us||2002|
|The Nutshell EP|
|Are We There Yet?||2003|
|Striking 12||2005||PS Classics|
|A Little Midsummer Night's Music||2007|
|Sleeping Beauty Wakes||2009|
|Warner-Chappell Demos 2010||2010||Warner/Chappell|
|Striking 12: Bonus Tracks||PS Classics|
|Sleeping Beauty Wakes: La Jolla Playhouse Bonus Tracks||2011|
|While You Were Out|