|Grossmont Junior College District|
|Type||Public community college|
|President||Nabil Abu-Ghazaleh, Ed.D.|
|Colors||Green and Gold|
Grossmont College is a community college in El Cajon, California. The campus sits in the Fletcher Hills community of El Cajon and is bordered by the cities of San Diego and Santee. Grossmont College along with Cuyamaca College make up what is the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. Grossmont is one of the 114 community colleges in the California Community College System.
Grossmont College is also home to Grossmont Middle College High School, where selected high school students can receive both high school and college credit for taking courses on campus. The newspaper for Grossmont College is The Summit. Its radio station is Griffin Radio.
The facilities of Grossmont College are situated across 135 acres. At its inception, the campus was planned to accommodate an enrollment of 2,500 daytime students. The first incarnation of the completed campus was expected to hold 4,800 students. On October 18, 1965, a bond for $3.5 million was approved by area voters. This made it possible to complete the college's initial master plan. By September 25, 1967, the new facilities were completed. Since that time, student enrollment increased dramatically and created the need for new and remodeled campus facilities.
In recent years, the college has undergone major improvements of its facilities including:
Grossmont College offers more than 150 degree and certificate programs. Each year, about 1,500 students earn Associate in Arts degrees, Associate in Science degrees, and/or advanced/basic certificates. In addition, the students are offered general education and transfer programs.
Grossmont College offers several men's and women's intercollegiate sports:
- Lester Bangs - Music journalist
- Doug Benson - Comedian
- Quintin Berry - MLB Player, Boston Red Sox
- Rachel Bilson - American actress
- Chad DeGrenier - American football player and coach
- Stephanie Nicole Garcia-Colace - Professional wrestler, actress, known as Nikki Bella
- Arthur Hobbs - Defensive back for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Barry Jantz - Former La Mesa City Councilman/CEO of Grossmont Healthcare District
- David Leisure - Actor
- Kevin McCadam - NFL defensive back, Atlanta Falcons
- Dan Melville - American football player
- Dat Phan - Vietnamese American stand-up comedian
- Joe Roth - College football quarterback
- Sean O'Sullivan - MLB Player, Boston Red Sox
- Cathy Scott - True crime author and journalist
- Bernard Seigal - Musician, Beat Farmers' original member, music journalist, editor college newspaper The Summit
- Scott Sherman - San Diego City Council member
- Brian Sipe - NFL quarterback, Cleveland Browns
- Akili Smith - NFL quarterback, Cincinnati Bengals
- Todd Watkins - NFL wide receiver
- Matt Jarbo - YouTube personality and boulder collector
- "California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office - Data Mart". Retrieved 14 December 2014.