|Grotte di Pertosa |
|Grotte di Pertosa-Auletta / Grotte dell'Angelo|
Entrance to the caves
|Location|| Pertosa |
(SA, Campania, Italy)
|Show cave opened||1932|
|Show cave length||1,200 m|
The Pertosa Caves (Italian: Grotte di Pertosa), co-officially named Pertosa-Auletta Caves (Italian: Grotte di Pertosa-Auletta) since 2012, are a karst show cave system located in the municipality of Pertosa, in the province of Salerno, Campania, Italy.
They are situated by the eastern side of Alburni mountains, in the locality of Muraglione, 3 km (1.9 mi) in south of Pertosa and close to its railway station. Due to the presence of Tanagro river the caves are rich of water and, after the main entrance, there is an underground lake.
- i.e: "Angel Caves"
- (in Italian) Infos on the official website Archived 2013-07-26 at the Wayback Machine
- (in Italian) Naming at official website
- (in Italian) National Geographic Portal of Italy: national map with municipal borders as of 2011
- Map of Pertosa at OpenStreetMap showing municipal borders
- Info on www.eofftv.com (see: Locations)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pertosa Caves.|
- (in Italian)/(in English) Grotte di Pertosa-Auletta official site